Region 6-1A Tournament at Bethel

PCsupporter4life

31 minutes ago, thetruth1 said:

So is pretty clear that Wayne County will win the other region?  I’ve seen times where teams played so hard to win a region and avoid a particular team only to have that team (to be avoided) lose in its regional final

They are obviously the favorite, but I get what you are saying.

McKenzie vs McEwen tonight.  It is tough to beat a team 4 times in a season. Lady Rebels have their work cut out for them for sure.  

Houston Co. vs Perry Co.  I don't know much about Perry County's girls but I know HC can play.  They score from different spots on the floor, and play tremendous defense.  Alot of weapons on offense. 

Safe travels to all. 

2 hours ago, maddams said:

@PCsupporter4lifeI’m here to eat all the crow in Linden. Huge win for that program. Congrats to your ladies!

It's totally fine. It was a great game the girls executed their game plan. They have been written off by alot of people all year because of their schedule but they opened some eyes tonight. Houston County is a great team and hate anyone had to lose. The Lady Vikings should get some more respect from the outside now but I think they like being under the radar.

7 hours ago, thetruth1 said:

I didn’t see PC beating HC but congrats to the Lady Vikings.  I imagine McKenzie will take the region crown.  Huntland vs Wayne County should be a good matchup in region 5

Huntland may be the only team that can give Wayne County a little bit of a scare but either way, Perry County played Wayne County on December 12th and they could run the tables to the state title. Very balanced, great defense, great post player and shooters galore. The Lady Vikings will get the best from McKenzie but these girls won't give up. PC did an excellent job controlling the tempo.

50 minutes ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Huntland may be the only team that can give Wayne County a little bit of a scare but either way, Perry County played Wayne County on December 12th and they could run the tables to the state title. Very balanced, great defense, great post player and shooters galore. The Lady Vikings will get the best from McKenzie but these girls won't give up. PC did an excellent job controlling the tempo.

Controlling tempo will be a must against McKenzie that is their bread and butter to try and make you play a lot faster than you are comfortable playing. If PC can handle the ball pressure they are going to face I would give them a puncher's chance. I like the post player for PC she is pretty good.

• Like 1