Centennial

fredjones

If someone is a high school football coach and educator in Metro Nashville Public Schools, why would someone not leave for a good coaching position in Williamson County?  The retirement benefits would remain the same and the pay should be better along with better working conditions.

1 hour ago, cbg said:

If someone is a high school football coach and educator in Metro Nashville Public Schools, why would someone not leave for a good coaching position in Williamson County?  The retirement benefits would remain the same and the pay should be better along with better working conditions.

Believe it or not, the pay isn't better. Competitively, big difference between the talent level at Centennial and the talent level at PC/East/CR. Centennial also is in the same region as Page and Nolensville.

13 hours ago, GoldenTicket10 said:

Woods is not going anywhere

Not from a lack of trying 

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Believe it or not, the pay isn't better. Competitively, big difference between the talent level at Centennial and the talent level at PC/East/CR. Centennial also is in the same region as Page and Nolensville.

Not from a lack of trying 

The road to a state championship is much easier in 5a. Yes, Page and Nolensville is in the region, but look at the rest of the region. Centennial and Williamson County schools have had huge success in 5a. Cane Ridge is in a favorable region, but most likely 3 out 4 will get beat by the Williamson County 6a region in the playoffs. 2019 3 out of 4 got beat in the first round by Williamson and 2020 all 4 got beat in the first round. Yes, the pay is better in Metro, but Williamson County is the best system to work in if you are an educator. Talent is better in Metro, but 8 out of 10 times Metro Schools lose to Williamson schools. I don't know if that is the exact ratio, but it's a lot. 

3 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

The road to a state championship is much easier in 5a. Yes, Page and Nolensville is in the region, but look at the rest of the region. Centennial and Williamson County schools have had huge success in 5a. Cane Ridge is in a favorable region, but most likely 3 out 4 will get beat by the Williamson County 6a region in the playoffs. 2019 3 out of 4 got beat in the first round by Williamson and 2020 all 4 got beat in the first round. Yes, the pay is better in Metro, but Williamson County is the best system to work in if you are an educator. Talent is better in Metro, but 8 out of 10 times Metro Schools lose to Williamson schools. I don't know if that is the exact ratio, but it's a lot. 

The road to a title is easier, but not by alot. Even if they did find a way to get past those two, probably then would have to deal with Henry Co then whatever juggernaut from East TN makes it to the title game. 

Metro is extremely top heavy, WillCo is probably the top to bottom county in terms of # of teams that are successful, so no surprise there. Unless they're unhappy at where they are at, I just don't see the pros outweighing the cons for Stewart and Woods to leave for Centennial. Woods wasn't going to be a good fit for Blackman and he def wouldn't be for Centennial