Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

While the Mavs lost a lot of stars from last years team. This years stars to be are developing as we speak. When you have stars like Vowell, Noe  Martinez etc. Opponents pretty much focus on limiting there play. This years stars are not yet known and its a great situation for the Mavs as opponents do not know what to expect. As always Davey and Company will be a challenge and I am still optimistic with a back to back Championship IMO. The Mavs have tasted Victory just need to add the A1 sauce now.

4 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

While the Mavs lost a lot of stars from last years team. This years stars to be are developing as we speak. When you have stars like Vowell, Noe  Martinez etc. Opponents pretty much focus on limiting there play. This years stars are not yet known and its a great situation for the Mavs as opponents do not know what to expect. As always Davey and Company will be a challenge and I am still optimistic with a back to back Championship IMO. The Mavs have tasted Victory just need to add the A1 sauce now.

57’ guy myself but totally agree. Just because you lose stats doesn’t mean the youngin’s didn’t learn how to prepare each game. Davey will have the boys ready to go with a very very tough schedule. 

4 hours ago, Bozothemav said:

57’ guy myself but totally agree. Just because you lose stats doesn’t mean the youngin’s didn’t learn how to prepare each game. Davey will have the boys ready to go with a very very tough schedule. 

Yep. Very challenging schedule. Stay healthy and the next up be ready. Looks like plenty of playing time for everyone. 

Saw it live, AC kicker  started it off by blasting a kickoff into the endzone, and each team got ten plays.  Both teams moved the ball, BC got the first score of the ten plays, but AC moved the ball with moog and the new qb1.  New QB can throw in and take off with it when he needs to.  I will tell ya this, both teams hit some shots.  It was a physical game, one player exited the game with his facemask torn off his helmet.  They got after each other and that is fun to watch.  FIrst scrimmages that are 10 play drives are what they are.  Good work for lots of kids, Mavs made some great plays against a very good Bradley team who happens to have two SEC athletes on  the field I am told.  Bradley will be in the 6A hunt for the Championship, and the Mavs will be in the 4A championship hunt as long as both teams stay healthy.   This Maverick team is finding their identity, the coaches are coaching them hard, and this team will be just fine.  If you have been around the program , you know theses coaches will put a good product on the field.  We will see improvement from them each week just like we always do.