Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

5 hours ago, Ffball9999 said:

AC looked to lack speed….

Now that is a misinformation 101. AC has speed. One guy went almost length of field Small I believe before an illegal trip and LaRue is one fastest guys in East Tennessee plus more with speed. If theres one good thing AC has is speed; more this year than I have ever seen IMO. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

5 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Now that is a misinformation 101. AC has speed. One guy went almost length of field Small I believe before an illegal trip and LaRue is one fastest guys in East Tennessee plus more with speed. If theres one good thing AC has is speed; more this year than I have ever seen IMO. 

How do you call that misinformation?  Lol.  I’m just telling you the way they looked.   18 really looked slower than before. And the play your talking about the kid “almost” went all the way but he was caught from behind and tripped..   Mav you are still looking at your team thru those blue colored glasses!   Lol

6 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Mav, you guys do have a couple of gamebreakers, but overall team speed is lacking. I don't think that's anything new though. You guys won a state title last year, and you definitely didn't have a stable full of track stars.

The WR you mentioned was actually run down on that play. The only reason they flagged it for tripping was because the DB's feet got tangled up with his. It was the right call, but it's likely that he would have been tackled (or shoved OB) on the play anyway.

3 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Mav, you guys do have a couple of gamebreakers, but overall team speed is lacking. I don't think that's anything new though. You guys won a state title last year, and you definitely didn't have a stable full of track stars.

The WR you mentioned was actually run down on that play. The only reason they flagged it for tripping was because the DB's feet got tangled up with his. It was the right call, but it's likely that he would have been tackled (or shoved OB) on the play anyway.

If you get a chance to rewind, and you know me, I watched game twice, the guy small in my opinion, was gone all except the illegal trip. The two other guys should have had him but too slow at the top of screen but the guy behind were not in my opinion going to catch him. Small was in full stride and picking up momentum. The trip was in smalls last stride. Actually seen less speed this year with Powell than I am use to or I just got use to the speed Pearl Had last year.  We have to find a way to get the speed guys that I am talking about, in open field and I think we tried once or twice with LaRue. But we should see this as the Mavs develop. 

5 hours ago, Ffball9999 said:

How do you call that misinformation?  Lol.  I’m just telling you the way they looked.   18 really looked slower than before. And the play your talking about the kid “almost” went all the way but he was caught from behind and tripped..   Mav you are still looking at your team thru those blue colored glasses!   Lol

I think you will be surprised like I was in preseason, the actual speed as the season developes. But if you can't see that small would have scored than we may not ever have a meeting of the minds. Lol

Just now, Mavericksinflight said:

I think you will be surprised like I was in preseason, the actual speed as the season developed. But if you can't see that small would have scored than we may not ever have a meeting of the minds. Lol

“Would have scored”.  What???  That’s my point.  Elite speed and he would have left the pack.  As a team.  They don’t have speed as most really good teams.   I agree….neither did Powell

50 minutes ago, Ffball9999 said:

“Would have scored”.  What???  That’s my point.  Elite speed and he would have left the pack.  As a team.  They don’t have speed as most really good teams.   I agree….neither did Powell

Well it's pretty obvious you are and have not been a fan of either team. But apparently Powell pulled it together last year to semifinals and almost the championship where as the Mavs have always been a playoff team and then won the State Championship last year. So getting a good review from you would be like pulling a tooth. However I still maintain Mavs have more speed than I have seen and the Mavs will have it all together at playoff time due to this brutal schedule, if they stay healthy and along the way you will see the speed. I am pretty sure of that. I will IM you with the links. Lol

Just now, Mavericksinflight said:

Well it's pretty obvious you are and have not been a fan of either team. But apparently Powell pulled it together last year to semifinals and almost the championship where as the Mavs have always been a playoff team and then won the State Championship last year. So getting a good review from you would be like pulling a tooth. However I still maintain Mavs have more speed than I have seen and the Mavs will get have it together at playoff time due to this brutal schedule, if they stay healthy and along the way you will see the speed. I am pretty sure of that. I will IM you with the links. Lol

Lol.  calm down there.    Anyone who watches a lot of Hs school football would agree that they didn’t look fast….not saying that they won’t win a lot of games.  Just being realistic 

13 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well it's pretty obvious you are and have not been a fan of either team. But apparently Powell pulled it together last year to semifinals and almost the championship where as the Mavs have always been a playoff team and then won the State Championship last year. So getting a good review from you would be like pulling a tooth. However I still maintain Mavs have more speed than I have seen and the Mavs will have it all together at playoff time due to this brutal schedule, if they stay healthy and along the way you will see the speed. I am pretty sure of that. I will IM you with the links. Lol

And I WILL actually give them a compliment.   I think both the O and D lines looked good.

49 minutes ago, Ffball9999 said:

Lol.  calm down there.    Anyone who watches a lot of Hs school football would agree that they didn’t look fast….not saying that they won’t win a lot of games.  Just being realistic 

No just chatting it's all fun. But I watch a lot of AC football. So as far as I can tell this year we have more speed then typically. Even Davey says that. But I guess our differences is in the definition and we can agree to disagree. It's fun to have different opinions and looks. If we agreed it would be boring haha all in fun.