Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

1 hour ago, GoatLocker said:

Cody Miller sprain right wrist. cast was to immobilize for the week.   He was playing QB JV game Monday night when injured.  Really do not understand why he was playing since he played Defense and offense Friday prior.  Should be fine for SH vs Mav's

Glad he is going to be fine!  I'm with you, no way I would have him in a JV game when he is the backup QB (at the moment) and plays serious varsity time. 

I still remember the coaches at Greeneville not letting me play JV (RB) my sophomore year since I started at OLB on varsity.  I wasn't happy not getting to play with my fellow sophomores on JV but definitely understood the reasoning once I became a Coach, you don't take that risk.    

3 hours ago, GoatLocker said:

Cody Miller sprain right wrist. cast was to immobilize for the week.   He was playing QB JV game Monday night when injured.  Really do not understand why he was playing since he played Defense and offense Friday prior.  Should be fine for SH vs Mav's

That some good news. Apparently he really preparing just in case a backup needed. I not against that but be very cautious I would say

Lets me start positive we have played some quality teams. Our players played hard and played good tonight. We have talent just need to sync up. I am proud of the players making it through that blastering heat. We can play football with anyone.

My opinion #6 James does well. We have many good receivers if we would get the ball to them. Hall doesn't do well in redzone. He really doesn't scramble as well as he should. Has 3 int already. Panics on the rush and has trouble finding a receiver unless it James. Cant figure out when to run and not to run. Backs way far back when running from rush and now Moog is gone. We have talented receivers but not sure we can fix this elephant in the room. Davey is QB coach and if he can't fix it IMO no one can.  I seen recevers open but the QB does not have a good field view. Is he gun shy...hmmm dont know. This is what i see but I am an arm chair QB so take this with a grain of salt. Now the good when Hall wants to he can throw a good pass. We need to find out what is up. Could it be the OL.  Whatever the case is I wish the best for him. I just want him to do better. As a team leader you have to find a way to score in the redzone. 

Defense big plays one could say cost us the game. This is a 6A team. I think our defense was good 90% tonight but the 10% big plays probably beat us. We had this problem in past too. We have played some good teams and we are learning each game. I am proud of the Mavs tonight but we let another one slip slide away. If we cant score this year we will struggle. We definitely need to go back to drawing board and rethink this now with Moog out.

Go Mavs! Let make it a fun an exciting 8 more games; its not over until its over.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Lets me start positive we have played some quality teams. Our players played hard and played good tonight. We have talent just need to sync up. I am proud of the players making it through that blastering heat. We can play football with anyone.

My opinion #6 James does well. We have many good receivers if we would get the ball to them. Hall doesn't do well in redzone. He really doesn't scramble as well as he should. Has 3 int already. Panics on the rush and has trouble finding a receiver unless it James. Cant figure out when to run and not to run. Backs way far back when running from rush and now Moog is gone. We have talented receivers but not sure we can fix this elephant in the room. Davey is QB coach and if he can't fix it IMO no one can.  I seen recevers open but the QB does not have a good field view. Is he gun shy...hmmm dont know. This is what i see but I am an arm chair QB so take this with a grain of salt. Now the good when Hall wants to he can throw a good pass. We need to find out what is up. Could it be the OL.  Whatever the case is I wish the best for him. I just want him to do better. As a team leader you have to find a way to score in the redzone. 

Defense big plays one could say cost us the game. This is a 6A team. I think our defense was good 90% tonight but the 10% big plays probably beat us. We had this problem in past too. We have played some good teams and we are learning each game. I am proud of the Mavs tonight but we let another one slip slide away. If we cant score this year we will struggle. We definitely need to go back to drawing board and rethink this now with Moog out.

Go Mavs! Let make it a fun an exciting 8 more games; its not over until its over.

As a former OL I can tell you it's hard pass blocking for a QB that plays his own game. If he's having trouble seeing open receivers then he's already holding onto the ball longer then he should which makes pass blocking that much harder. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KEV-O said:

As a former OL I can tell you it's hard pass blocking for a QB that plays his own game. If he's having trouble seeing open receivers then he's already holding onto the ball longer then he should which makes pass blocking that much harder. 

Yep I noticed that now that you mentioned it. He's definitely all over the place and get can't score when he gets to the red zone. Tunnel vision the best I can see. 

Just now, Mavericksinflight said:

I know Lawnman and then when you get to feeling better,; Bearden is next week. OMG I am panicking again. Nevermind I am just go walk the dog in the park. He always listens to me and doesn't talk back. I love that dog. 

I think your coaches will get this team turned around and playing better.Betsy started out last year the same way.