2023 1A Mr. Football early predictions.

RedRebelman

7 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Man Moore County has been to the title game 3 times and just haven't gotten over the hump yet. If they are going to do it this will be their year to do it. Dawson White is a heckuva player just as our Calvin Mullins is. Mullins has insane numbers this year. He is closing in on 90 total tackles also this year through 7 games. White is also putting up impressive numbers. Imo he will win Mr. Football this year because his team is also having alot of success. Moore County will play at least until the semifinals this year and maybe they will play for the title. Our falcons will make the playoffs and win a game or 2. I will say this better days are on the way for Lake County. 

I agree

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Man Moore County has been to the title game 3 times and just haven't gotten over the hump yet. If they are going to do it this will be their year to do it. Dawson White is a heckuva player just as our Calvin Mullins is. Mullins has insane numbers this year. He is closing in on 90 total tackles also this year through 7 games. White is also putting up impressive numbers. Imo he will win Mr. Football this year because his team is also having alot of success. Moore County will play at least until the semifinals this year and maybe they will play for the title. Our falcons will make the playoffs and win a game or 2. I will say this better days are on the way for Lake County. 

Man I know exactly where Lake County is at and I’m being optimistic & idc how many times Moore County has been there & idc if they ever win it so I don’t understand your logic!! I’m Lake County born & raised so idc about no other team’s success tbh!!!

2 hours ago, FALCONFLYER said:

Man I know exactly where Lake County is at and I’m being optimistic & idc how many times Moore County has been there & idc if they ever win it so I don’t understand your logic!! I’m Lake County born & raised so idc about no other team’s success tbh!!!

Seems rational! Has Jack the Ripper returned…sure hope not 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FALCONFLYER said:

Man I get what you are saying. All I am saying MC has a good team and program. You and I support the same school. 

58 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I am not so sure that JCS is not the best team Lake County has played this year. They should be when they get to recruit the best players around Jackson and the surrounding area.

Yeah, Dyersburg maybe the best team Lake County played so far this team. I don't think your comment about recruiting is an appropriate comment to make. Everyone knew LC was a heavy underdog coming into the game. Was this a surprised to you?

6 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yeah, Dyersburg maybe the best team Lake County played so far this team. I don't think your comment about recruiting is an appropriate comment to make. Everyone knew LC was a heavy underdog coming into the game. Was this a surprised to you?

No not a surprise at all. Maybe I should have kept that comment to myself but it's the truth. I have my on opinion on private schools but I will just keep it to myself. Good luck to whoever you cheer for.

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No not a surprise at all. Maybe I should have kept that comment to myself but it's the truth. I have my on opinion on private schools but I will just keep it to myself. Good luck to whoever you cheer for.

I don't know if any of the Jackson schools "recruit" really. They do get some transfers, so does almost all public schools, but I don't know if you call that "recruiting."

21 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

JCS is DII so there was nothing wrong with is comment.  That said, if they don't like it, don't play DII schools. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately for the Mullins kid I doubt he gets another look for Mr.Football unless Lake County can turn things around and make a deep run in the playoffs. My guess would be two candidates really left in the running and that's Cam Schlicht from Dresden and Dawson White. There both going to keep putting up big numbers and unless something crazy happens neither one will be tested again till 3rd round.