Blue Cross Bowl staying in Chattanooga is a done deal

HTV

11 hours ago, cbg said:

Did any of the games have a paid attendance of over 7500

How the heck should I know?  You ask a question that you appear to think you know the answer to, so why don't you share? but I did find the numbers below... You have any numbers from Nashville?

"The total paid attendance for the three-day event at Finley Stadium was 27,052, which is nearly 7,000 more than last year and surpassed the 2019 total of 21,765, which was the largest over the previous five-year period when the event was held at Tennessee Tech in Cookeville."

Edited by ILB1999

23 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Agreed, love the city and facilities, but I would prefer a more centrally located area, I thought it was best at MTSU, that's just me though...

Agreed. Murfreesboro was the best location we have used IMO, but I am not opposed to the Titans new stadium when it opens up. Crowd size bedamned, I think high school kids would love the chance to play the biggest game of their lives on that field. 

• Upvote 1

I liked it in Finley Stadium in Chattanooga, slightly better chance of better weather (it can get cold and rainy up on the plateau at Cookeville). Not a bad trip except for the West Tennessee and Memphis teams. I hope it stays there unless/until the new Titans indoor stadium is completed, then for sure move it there, eliminating the weather and getting bigger crowds,

On 4/18/2023 at 7:17 AM, ILB1999 said:

How the heck should I know?  You ask a question that you appear to think you know the answer to, so why don't you share? but I did find the numbers below... You have any numbers from Nashville?

"The total paid attendance for the three-day event at Finley Stadium was 27,052, which is nearly 7,000 more than last year and surpassed the 2019 total of 21,765, which was the largest over the previous five-year period when the event was held at Tennessee Tech in Cookeville."

That is a terrible attendance number when you consider you played 9 state championship games.  But who care because the TSSAA was guaranteed X number of dollars that had zero bearing on the number of fans.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

I think the TSSAA has way too many classifications, waters the championships down some.  I think 5 classifications would be enough in the public classes. 

I used to be against this idea, but I have come to largely agree with you, mainly due to region alignment issues. It is simply a nightmare to configure 8 fairly sized and fairly grouped regions across six different classifications. As much as I hated the z-plan, it was honestly better for that purpose, as it only required 3 classifications for the regular season. 

But I think when considering both regular and postseason, the 5-class system from 1993-2008 was best/most optimal, and would probably still work pretty well even with the state's growth. 

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

I used to be against this idea, but I have come to largely agree with you, mainly due to region alignment issues. It is simply a nightmare to configure 8 fairly sized and fairly grouped regions across six different classifications. As much as I hated the z-plan, it was honestly better for that purpose, as it only required 3 classifications for the regular season. 

But I think when considering both regular and postseason, the 5-class system from 1993-2008 was best/most optimal, and would probably still work pretty well even with the state's growth. 

Z plan just needed to be tweaked.  There was some common sense things that could have made it a lot better.  I agree, Tennessee has too many classes.  

• Upvote 1

So, attendance increased significantly over the past 5 years  in Cookeville?   

Can't be. The naysayers kept telling us that the "extra 40 minute" drive to Chattanooga instead of Cookeville for West Tennesseans would hurt attendance. 

5 hours ago, HTV said:

So, attendance increased significantly over the past 5 years  in Cookeville?   

Can't be. The naysayers kept telling us that the "extra 40 minute" drive to Chattanooga instead of Cookeville for West Tennesseans would hurt attendance. 

Not a fair assessment... The only West TN school to make it to Chattanooga besides McKenzie was Riverside (which is barely across the river into West TN) and they played a local school (Tyner). 

Edited by GoPats2019