Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

4 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

The East Tennessee side has some great teams as well. York, McMinn Central and Gatlinburg Pitman are as good as anyone in AA. 

You're spot on. AA has got some really good teams. It looks like it is the dominant class for sure. McMinn Central, Gatlinburg Pitman and York are really good. It is a blessing to get there for sure and if you win it it is the every day gift that keeps giving.

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

You're spot on. AA has got some really good teams. It looks like it is the dominant class for sure. McMinn Central, Gatlinburg Pitman and York are really good. It is a blessing to get there for sure and if you win it it is the every day gift that keeps giving.

Yeah I agree. You know some years once you get to the glass house you’re thinking if your team can get a good draw you can avoid a really good team until the semis or even the finals but this year every single game is going to be a battle with this many really good teams. Should be fun to watch!

Edited by UCSportsFan

I really believe that Class-AA is the toughest from 1-10 in all classifications.   There are so many really good teams around the state in this class.  The coaches and players are some of the best the state has to offer.  If your lucky to make the 8 getting to the Glass House, you better be ready to play or you might leave early.  Good luck to all your teams and hope to we get to see ya at Murfreesboro !

6 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Yeah I agree. You know some years once you get to the glass house you’re thinking if your team can get a good draw you can avoid a really good team until the semis or even the finals but this year every single game is going to be a battle with this many really good teams. Should be fun to watch!

6 hours ago, gogold said:

I really believe that Class-AA is the toughest from 1-10 in all classifications.   There are so many really good teams around the state in this class.  The coaches and players are some of the best the state has to offer.  If your lucky to make the 8 getting to the Glass House, you better be ready to play or you might leave early.  Good luck to all your teams and hope to we get to see ya at Murfreesboro !

AA is really really good. You got Summertown, Cannon County, Loretto, Cheatham County and Huntingdon battling for a couple of spots. You got Westview, Gibson County and Peabody battling for a couple of spots. You got East Nashville, York McMinn Central, Gatlinburg Pittman that all are tough outs. I probably have missed some that will be battling as well. It is always a great event for sure. Really enjoy it. I agree on the draws. No easy games. 

This is the AP State Poll
Division I - Class 2A Girls

1. McMinn Central (5)
  2. Gatlinburg-Pittman
  3. Loretto (2)
  4. Huntingdon
  5. Cheatham County
  6. Gibson County (1)
  7. Summertown
  8. Westview
  9. York Institute
  10. Peabody

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown - Loretto  2 goes to Summertown great HS atmosphere at the nest 

Good win for you guys. 21 points is a lot. That rival is crazy. Best rival game in state IMO. We had a great win ourselves beating Westview by 12. Always tough playing Westview. Proud of our girls for getting a big win. 

23 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown probably not that good and Loretto not that bad for sure - everybody has bad games / we ‘ ll meet again 

Cannon County I hear is pretty good. Will be interesting how all that shakes out for Region. Man it is winding down. 

51 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown probably not that good and Loretto not that bad for sure - everybody has bad games / we ‘ ll meet again 

Rivalry games are a different game for sure.  McKenzie beat Huntingdon tonight by 15. Fillies won the first game by 10.  Hats off to McKenzie they hit 15 3’s and Fillies couldn’t throw it in the ocean and made some uncharacteristic mistakes.  I think Fillies may have been a little overconfident in this one.  Davis was great tonight as usual for McKenzie.  They had 4 players in double figures I heard also. 

3 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown - Loretto  2 goes to Summertown great HS atmosphere at the nest 

Good win for Summertown.  They put a pretty good whipping on our Lady Mustangs.  Hope we do a better job in round 3 !