Parsons Riverside HC Position

LDFL24

• 2 weeks later...

Riverside just made a grand slam hire with Kody Howard. Dyersburg native, coached at Dyersburg, Chester County and recently Shelbyville. Also was a JUCO assistant coach in Kansas. Really good coach, and player development guy. Riverside should still be a player in 2A. 

2 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Riverside just made a grand slam hire with Kody Howard. Dyersburg native, coached at Dyersburg, Chester County and recently Shelbyville. Also was a JUCO assistant coach in Kansas. Really good coach, and player development guy. Riverside should still be a player in 2A. 

Did you just Shelbyville to justify a hire?  They have not been relevant in forever and everyone looks to leave that place as quickly as they get there.  Nice try on that one 

16 hours ago, dmm88 said:

"Grand Slam..." I don't know about that.

14 hours ago, mcraiderfan321 said:

Did you just Shelbyville to justify a hire?  They have not been relevant in forever and everyone looks to leave that place as quickly as they get there.  Nice try on that one 

Shelbyville has not had a good season in well over a decade.

2-24 last year. 5-19 year before. 7-43 in 2 years does not equal "Grand Slam" 

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he knows what he is doing and wish him all the luck in the world but He aint getting out of Region 7 (Westview and Gibson County got that locked down)

Not a cake walk in his District  either .

On 5/24/2023 at 7:51 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he knows what he is doing and wish him all the luck in the world but He aint getting out of Region 7 (Westview and Gibson County got that locked down)

Shelbyville is awful and will remain awful, he is a good enough coach to understand that and leave.

On 5/24/2023 at 7:51 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

If it is the coach Shelbyville had two years ago, he is a pretty good coach. We played them in Dyersburg and it was a double digit game we had under control but it wasn’t a running clock either. He seemed like a pretty knowledgeable coach. I can see where the optimism is. Decatur County we played at state last year and they are a pretty good team. I hope we roll right through it like you said but I can see the optimism. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...