Is RUCO football overrated?

On 6/2/2023 at 9:19 AM, JSamson7 said:

Of course they can, but have you ever stopped to think that maybe it's because MCS has some testing procedures that wouldn't necessarily be considered "above board"?

JSamson7,

I was noticing your signature and I just wanted to ask you "who did Maryville beat to win the 1964 State Championship?"

1964 Maryville Football

If Maryville fans continue to claim 1964 as a State Championship Season maybe Beech should just claim that they won the 6A State Championship in 2022.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

JSamson7,

I was noticing your signature and I just wanted to ask you "who did Maryville beat to win the 1964 State Championship?"

1964 Maryville Football

If Maryville fans continue to claim 1964 as a State Championship Season maybe Beech should just claim that they won the 6A State Championship in 2022.  

howdoitknownothing in those days the Associated Press voted for the teams in a poll. There were no playoffs. Maryville was the #1 team in the final AP TN high school poll of the season in 1964. Three weeks after the season ended Maryville played Knox Young and Richard Pickens and lost. So no Maryville fan is saying that. The Associated Press did. Much like the 1964 Alabama Crimson Tide was declared Associated Press National Champions and consensus national champions. However they lost to Texas in the Jan. 1, 1965 Orange Bowl after the '64 season. So Maryville in the Tennessee high school football and Alabama in D-1 NCAA football were # 1 in the final Associated Press polls of the year in 1964.

I can't wait to see you chime in on a Bama thread and refute their 1964 National Championship.

I know this might be hard for you to comprehend.

Hate is such an ugly emotion.

Tee Hee Hee

15 minutes ago, MarevulBigGal said:

howdoitknownothing in those days the Associated Press voted for the teams in a poll. There were no playoffs. Maryville was the #1 team in the final AP TN high school poll of the season in 1964. Three weeks after the season ended Maryville played Knox Young and Richard Pickens and lost. So no Maryville fan is saying that. The Associated Press did. Much like the 1964 Alabama Crimson Tide was declared Associated Press National Champions and consensus national champions. However they lost to Texas in the Jan. 1, 1965 Orange Bowl after the '64 season. So Maryville in the Tennessee high school football and Alabama in D-1 NCAA football were # 1 in the final Associated Press polls of the year in 1964.

I can't wait to see you chime in on a Bama thread and refute their 1964 National Championship.

Tee Hee Hee

Girl you lost him about 5 words in…:roflolk:

3 hours ago, MarevulBigGal said:

Tee Hee Hee

In other words it was a mythical championship that you have to count to make yourself feel important.  

So defensive over a simple question.

Keep praying someone beats Oakland before Thanksgiving.  Lord knows Maryville isn't beating them anytime soon.  

• Like 1

Who would have thought that Maryville fans would have to resort to claiming mythical championships on Oakland threads in order to feel relevant?  

1968 Cheatham County Cubs

1967 Cheatham County Cubs

1959 Cheatham County Cubs

1958 Cheatham County Cubs

1956 Cheatham County Cubs

I'm just going to start claiming that the Cheatham County Cubs have officially won 5 State Championships if we are going off of your credentials.