Is RUCO football overrated?

52 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

In other words it was a mythical championship that you have to count to make yourself feel important.  

So defensive over a simple question.

Comprehension is not your strong suit is it? So defensive over a simple answer.

The Associated Press deemed it. Not defensive just a fact.

I already feel important. 

45 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Who would have thought that Maryville fans would have to resort to claiming mythical championships on Oakland threads in order to feel relevant?  

1968 Cheatham County Cubs

1967 Cheatham County Cubs

1959 Cheatham County Cubs

1958 Cheatham County Cubs

1956 Cheatham County Cubs

I'm just going to start claiming that the Cheatham County Cubs have officially won 5 State Championships if we are going off of your credentials.  

Go ahead and at least give your team some "credentials". LOL. 

It does look a lot better and not as weak than just choosing a front runner.

2 minutes ago, MarevulBigGal said:

You wish. 

Tee Hee Hee

The season is just over 10 weeks away and I'm already living rent free in your head.  Keep making up fake accomplishments to feel like the second best team in your own county.  Keep living in the past.  I own you and Oakland owns your team.  Loser.

3 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

The season is just over 10 weeks away and I'm already living rent free in your head.  Keep making up fake accomplishments to feel like the second best team in your own county.  Keep living in the past.  I own you and Oakland owns your team.  Loser.

LOL.

howdoitknownothing you ain't got what it takes to "own" this ole girl. Never Was.

Tee Hee Hee

In 1964 Memphis Catholic was number 1 all year long by a whopping lead and they played a Memphis rival on Sunday afternoon that was to be no contest at all and lost allowing Maryville 9-0 to pass them on the very final AP poll with 81 votes the following Tuesday with Kingsport 9-0-1 a close second with 80 AP votes. There was also a UPI poll in which Kingsport was voted number 1 and Maryville number 3. That was just how it was in those days like it or not. Just like Tennessee was the 1951 voted National Champions on the final week and you see it all over the place at Neyland Stadium but you don't see anything about getting their azz beat by Maryland 28-13 in the Sugar Bowl that season.

Edited by BarneySox2007

8 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

In 1964 Memphis Catholic was number 1 all year long by a whopping lead and they played a Memphis rival on Sunday afternoon that was to be no contest at all and lost allowing Maryville 9-0 to pass them on the very final AP poll with 81 votes the following Tuesday with Kingsport 9-0-1 a close second with 80 AP votes. There was also a UPI poll in which Kingsport was voted number 1 and Maryville number 3. That was just how it was in those days like it or not. Just like Tennessee was the 1951 voted National Champions on the final week and you see it all over the place at Neyland Stadium but you don't see anything about getting their azz beat by Maryland 28-13 in the Sugar Bowl that season.

You can tell that it's the off season when you have to go back 70+ years and reference college teams to find something to argue high school football about. Maryville was state champs because the AP poll said that they were, and that is fact because that was how championships were "awarded". To argue against them in particular is pointless and stupid...argue the system and/or credibility in general and you may have a point, but that would mean that nobody has a legitimate claim prior to the playoff system.