If you are scared just say so….

LadyCavsFan

5 minutes ago, Lakers1977 said:

The person that told me was standing next to them.  Jamie came up and hugged Dana at mtsu and I trust that person. 

On 7/1/2023 at 8:33 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

Dang I was hoping this was true and maybe they would play.   :cry:   Unfortunately a conversation didn’t happen regarding this subject.   Maybe next year…

Dana lives rent free in Gillies head A LOT!

Edited by Lakers1977

Somebody is lying! Lot of keyboard cowards out there in message board land! Doesn’t look like many people give a flip if these teams play. When’s the last time they played? If it was that important then the superintendent would demand that they play.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying someone is lying but someone definitely has bad information.  Not sure when they played last.  It’s been a long time if they have.   I mean they could at least have a cool story like the reason they don’t play the Clarkrange vs York game.  Something about a gun or something crazy like that.  

Maybe UCR will put up a poll and see what the fans think. 

• 4 weeks later...

White Co will not play Cookeville because of the girls program!!!!! Boys coach would play but the WC Girl's coach won't play anybody he doesn't have to play. That game has been played for as long as I can remember. Upperman and Cookeville should play every year, would be a great gate and great game. Upperman girls coach is famous for dropping teams that beat her, Cookeville was 30 better than my Lady Cats last year and we almost beat Upperman in region, huge huge difference in 4A AND 3A. This is where AD'S need to step in and make these games happen. I can promise you that Cookeville wants both games.

On 8/2/2023 at 12:21 PM, Tully123 said:

White Co will not play Cookeville because of the girls program!!!!! Boys coach would play but the WC Girl's coach won't play anybody he doesn't have to play. That game has been played for as long as I can remember. Upperman and Cookeville should play every year, would be a great gate and great game. Upperman girls coach is famous for dropping teams that beat her, Cookeville was 30 better than my Lady Cats last year and we almost beat Upperman in region, huge huge difference in 4A AND 3A. This is where AD'S need to step in and make these games happen. I can promise you that Cookeville wants both games.

Thanks coach mitchell!

21 hours ago, Midstatewatcher said:

I wish someone would put together an all Upper Cumberland Christmas Tourney. All those powerhouse teams competing would be great to watch. 

It’s a great idea.  But the main argument (other than being scared)  is that some of the top UC teams are in the same district and don’t want to play each other a third time before post season (possibly 4-5-6 times down the road).  Totally get it.   But you can still get the best team(s) out of each classification in the UC and invite some top outside teams and have a great tournament.  If two teams from same district decide to play put them in opposite brackets so they can only meet in finals.  Maybe someday someone will make this happen.      Would be fun to watch.

37 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

It’s a great idea.  But the main argument (other than being scared)  is that some of the top UC teams are in the same district and don’t want to play each other a third time before post season (possibly 4-5-6 times down the road).  Totally get it.   But you can still get the best team(s) out of each classification in the UC and invite some top outside teams and have a great tournament.  If two teams from same district decide to play put them in opposite brackets so they can only meet in finals.  Maybe someday someone will make this happen.      Would be fun to watch.

Doesn't White County host a Christmas tournament every year?  I know they did last year and had York, White Co, Red Boiling Springs from the UC plus Baylor, Warren Co, South Gibson and a few others.

1 hour ago, maddams said:

Doesn't White County host a Christmas tournament every year?  I know they did last year and had York, White Co, Red Boiling Springs from the UC plus Baylor, Warren Co, South Gibson and a few others.

Correct. White County has the Sonic Shootout every year. They typically invite Clarkrange every year as well. It's probably the best tournament in this area.