Team Camps

dmm88

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

They have to learn to play together. Right now it looks more like each of them want their own points. I just didn’t think they were clicking the times I have seen them play. That will work for most games but they will have to figure it out to be successful for the season

They looked like a totally different team when they pressed. It kept their tempo up and points were made by working hard and getting the steals. Once they realized our guard could handle the pressure, they pulled back. Which slowed their tempo down and looked a little sluggish. Once they get it figured out they will be extremely tough. 

1 hour ago, RedDevil23 said:

They looked like a totally different team when they pressed. It kept their tempo up and points were made by working hard and getting the steals. Once they realized our guard could handle the pressure, they pulled back. Which slowed their tempo down and looked a little sluggish. Once they get it figured out they will be extremely tough. 

Their Freshman PG being out is a game changer. She is the real deal. She is going to get double digits every night and she can handle the ball. It will take them a minute. They will be a handful late in the year. If they start getting the chemistry right, they will be a Gold Ball candidate. 

Edited by pioneer42

18 hours ago, maddams said:

What did you think about Dyersburg? Been a lot of hype for them this off-season

Dyersburg wasn’t suppose to make it to state this pass season. I said they was a year out, but they are a serious contender this year. The transfer & the addition of the coach’s granddaughter will be crazy. D Burg should make it to state with no problem

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Their Freshman PG being out is a game changer. She is the real deal. She is going to get double digits every night and she can handle the ball. It will take them a minute. They will be a handful late in the year. If they start getting the chemistry right, they will be a Gold Ball candidate. 

Yea I agree KK is a game changer! Them & Livingston will be the 2 top favorites 

8 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I agree KK is a game changer! Them & Livingston will be the 2 top favorites 

Livingston will be very good this season if they remain healthy.  Was at Lebanon today and when did Maryville become so bad?  Just a few years ago they were a very strong program and i witnessed them getting beat by a very average coached team in Tullahoma.  I was shocked at the fall of Maryville and the lack of talent, but they still made it a competitive game.  
The AAA will run through Livingston this season 

41 minutes ago, mcraiderfan321 said:

Livingston will be very good this season if they remain healthy.  Was at Lebanon today and when did Maryville become so bad?  Just a few years ago they were a very strong program and i witnessed them getting beat by a very average coached team in Tullahoma.  I was shocked at the fall of Maryville and the lack of talent, but they still made it a competitive game.  
The AAA will run through Livingston this season 

What about Upperman?? Their JV looked pretty good at MTSU last year. I figured they would be pretty good.

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

What about Upperman?? Their JV looked pretty good at MTSU last year. I figured they would be pretty good.

Upperman will be good as well, but LA has that it factor in Ellie Butler! She is my favorite for 3A Miss Basketball, upcoming junior year will be special! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

Summertown had decent camp so far - up and down wo 2 starters - beat good Clarkrange team then loses to Cumberland Co then beats Clarksville team - loses to Wayne Coach ( no disgrace there ) then beats Obion Co -had few blowouts to teams we should beat We better get used I’m afraid to that this year hopefully be better at Tournament time 

Hearing Peabody girls have had a really good summer! First 5-6 girls can play, working 3-4 younger ones in to get them ready for the season! Hearing defense is the best it’s been and scoring is coming along for them. I’ve seen them play JCS and Lexington at UTM and wasn’t a game in either of them, very impressed with them. I figured JCS would be a lot better.   If Peabody can  figure the scoring out they can be dangerous this coming season. They go to Dyersburg this week then Murray State to finish up the summer I believe. Talk is one of the best groups to come thru Peabody over the last few years, but time will tell. Very tough district this year for them moving up to double A after being barely over the cut off. Good luck to all the teams finishing up this week! 

1 hour ago, BaBaBaBa said:

Hearing Peabody girls have had a really good summer! First 5-6 girls can play, working 3-4 younger ones in to get them ready for the season! Hearing defense is the best it’s been and scoring is coming along for them. I’ve seen them play JCS and Lexington at UTM and wasn’t a game in either of them, very impressed with them. I figured JCS would be a lot better.   If Peabody can  figure the scoring out they can be dangerous this coming season. They go to Dyersburg this week then Murray State to finish up the summer I believe. Talk is one of the best groups to come thru Peabody over the last few years, but time will tell. Very tough district this year for them moving up to double A after being barely over the cut off. Good luck to all the teams finishing up this week! 

Fillies have played Peabody twice this summer. Very quick bunch with good size and strength. Pressed us hard both games. Gonna give most teams a lot of trouble this season. Did you see the last game at the Bethel camp. Great very intense game.

6 hours ago, BaBaBaBa said:

Did Peabody lose anyone from last years team? They were tough last year. 

13 hours ago, BaBaBaBa said:

Peabody was very good and very solid on D.  In JC game Peabody hit every 3 they took well into 2nd half and JC couldn't hit anything.  Peabody was the better team, but JC was playing their 3rd game of the day and one of the starters was out with injury from previous game.  Pretty sure that was Peabody's first game of the day.  JC lost other 2 earlier games to Southside (by 3) and South Fulton by single digits.  JC has improved a lot and Shutes has them playing pretty well.  If shooting keeps improving, they should be pretty competitive.