FORREST 2023

2 hours ago, BruceColetrain said:

I hope you guys get a good one...but not too good. Best of luck from the Creekbank

Thanks for the half hearted encouragement. lol Maybe if we get a good one we'll get another crack at the yellow jackets. All our players are tooo young to remember the tail kicking we took at a scrimmage over there several years ago. I still have football PTSD from that experience. 

On 11/15/2023 at 11:01 PM, tradertwo said:

You do remember that your cover has been blown...right? Might want to write Santa and see about getting on the list for a new helmet if some of them Forrest folks don't get a suitable coach.

Tip... I'd ask for one of them motocross helmets with that little DOT sticker on it. A mouthguard could save on some dental work, and that little sticker is a guarantee from our government that it meets high impact safety standards...prolly stand up to a couple of licks from a four pounder with full extension on the swing.

I hadn't considered that my favorite shirt could have been sent by a Forrest fan--I won't entertain that as a possibility--I'm already muzzled regarding day-to-day Wartrace transactions--but, if I can't walk into The Iron Horse & have a contemplative stout porter & mess with the Chapel Hill crowd, what would be the point?

curious to know if all Forrest football fans are as vocal as GF and Salem or is that just for Coacht? 

BTW, it is very entertaining, but do you guys think it would spook off a coach from applying?  I imagine the previous coach had tough skin or didn't read it or maybe cried himself to sleep each night. LOL

Dang, this time, my 6th phone call, they patched me through to someone with the title: Supervisor of Special Populations

--And not because they thought I was special---At least I don't think---they just share my concern that a Cisgender Male is the expectation for this hire.  

Calling all Alphabet people, Calling all Alphabet people (not that there is anything wrong with that), this job is yours for the taking, CascadeHomer has greased the skids for anyone with purple hair or gender dysphoria.  Are you confused whether you are a man or a woman?  If so, this is the job for you!

1 hour ago, BigCW said:

curious to know if all Forrest football fans are as vocal as GF and Salem or is that just for Coacht? 

BTW, it is very entertaining, but do you guys think it would spook off a coach from applying?  I imagine the previous coach had tough skin or didn't read it or maybe cried himself to sleep each night. LOL

ridiculous. we were more than fair with Coach Eli. i dont think i ever even criticized another recent coach (coleman, k, johns). i mightve questioned an in-game decision, but never felt they were incompetent or unqualified. coach eli was both of those 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigCW said:

I complimented Coach Eli multiple times when he did the right thing. And honestly, I wish him well as a man. But he was not the right one and this was affecting multiple grades of Rocket kids. It's inhumane to not speak up. This is a symptom of multiple orgs. They hang on to the wrong people for too long.   Afraid to hurt feelings, etc. But what happens is, you keep a person in the wrong spot. That is a disservice to the person as well. There is something out there better for him. Probably as a coordinator. Let him thrive in a different role. 

There is nothing wrong with advocating for your kids or program. Those who said I was "mean" or whatever are idiots. They likely avoid conflict in their own lives. Allowing themselves to be trampled underfoot in their personal and professional lives. Allowing injustice to reign while they sit silent. It's wrong and it isn't kind to anyone, including the underperforming employee. 

1 hour ago, BigCW said:

The reason people say criticism is mean, is usually because it is accurate. When people flail about, you are over the target. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

I complimented Coach Eli multiple times when he did the right thing. And honestly, I wish him well as a man. But he was not the right one and this was affecting multiple grades of Rocket kids. It's inhumane to not speak up. This is a symptom of multiple orgs. They hang on to the wrong people for too long.   Afraid to hurt feelings, etc. But what happens is, you keep a person in the wrong spot. That is a disservice to the person as well. There is something out there better for him. Probably as a coordinator. Let him thrive in a different role. 

There is nothing wrong with advocating for your kids or program. Those who said I was "mean" or whatever are idiots. They likely avoid conflict in their own lives. Allowing themselves to be trampled underfoot in their personal and professional lives. Allowing injustice to reign while they sit silent. It's wrong and it isn't kind to anyone, including the underperforming employee. 

I agree. well said. 

this generation tends to want to avoid the reality of criticism. 

Just now, BigCW said:

I agree. well said. 

this generation tends to want to avoid the reality of criticism. 

thanks. i think also in smaller communities where people mingle more, have kids that are friends, etc. i am not saying it's easy. and i am sure he was disappointed to leave. as a human being i regret that. truly. i hope he has wild success somewhere. 

• Like 1