FORREST 2023

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

coleman was there 1 year

johns went 11-2 and then lost a great senior class. the majority of talent in 2017 were 10th graders. coach eli got the benefit of that in 2019 when they were seniors. to me coleman, kriesky and johns are same level,. eli several levels lower. 

I wanted badly for us to play you guys in 2019 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

coleman was there 1 year

johns went 11-2 and then lost a great senior class. the majority of talent in 2017 were 10th graders. coach eli got the benefit of that in 2019 when they were seniors. to me coleman, kriesky and johns are same level,. eli several levels lower. 

My point was homegrown or new blood shouldn't matter. Pick the best candidate. From 2013-2017 we ran the same offense and defense with three different head coaches. In 5 years they won 40 games and lost 19. The outlier was a 4-7 2017. Much more difficult schedule in these 5 seasons. No Hickmans, or East Hickmans, or Eaglevilles in 2nd round of playoffs. 

In Stephenson's 6 seasons he changed things and went 40-30. The outlier was a 12-1 2019 squad. The level of competition went way way down after the 2019 reclassification. No one can say the program is better now than it was when he took over. 

16 minutes ago, Salem said:

My point was homegrown or new blood shouldn't matter. Pick the best candidate. From 2013-2017 we ran the same offense and defense with three different head coaches. In 5 years they won 40 games and lost 19. The outlier was a 4-7 2017. Much more difficult schedule in these 5 seasons. No Hickmans, or East Hickmans, or Eaglevilles in 2nd round of playoffs. 

In Stephenson's 6 seasons he changed things and went 40-30. The outlier was a 12-1 2019 squad. The level of competition went way way down after the 2019 reclassification. No one can say the program is better now than it was when he took over. 

all good points. i will say at the top of my list is someone who knows how to connect with 14-17 yr olds. kids are very vulnerable inside even though they act tough outside. Coach K, Coleman and Johns had an it factor on how to connect with kids. from my view. coach eli was a 180 degree turn from that. there was zero connection. 

the scheme, x and o, stuff, i am not saying its pointless. but if someone is decent at that and very good at the former, they will be a huge improvement. 

at the end of the day, it's high school football. talent usually wins. we have a bunch of that for 3-4 years coming. 

Same tired points general has been making for some time. Let’s don’t forget that moving to a higher classification when basically you still had same talent level is a challenge. Dealing with an horrific injury and keeping the team focus was a challenge. You should have offered to help. But I’m sure you did. You’ll be crying about the next coach after they make changes that don’t fit your ideal résumé. It’s fine and dandy to not be satisfied with the results and probably you made a few good observations. But to attack the man’s character and give no respect shows your character. I won’t post again you win the keyboard battle congrats. 

1 hour ago, MiltonG said:

Same tired points general has been making for some time. Let’s don’t forget that moving to a higher classification when basically you still had same talent level is a challenge. Dealing with an horrific injury and keeping the team focus was a challenge. You should have offered to help. But I’m sure you did. You’ll be crying about the next coach after they make changes that don’t fit your ideal résumé. It’s fine and dandy to not be satisfied with the results and probably you made a few good observations. But to attack the man’s character and give no respect shows your character. I won’t post again you win the keyboard battle congrats. 

my points are so tired i was proven right all along. 

i posted how i would coach this team years ago. you can dig for that since you care about me so much 

injuries are part of the game. 

i posted my ideal - connect with the kids. coach eli never did. 

what character did i attack. what respect was earned that wasnt given. you cant answer but youre not an advocate. 

so you are allowed to attack my character. 

proven right all along. could be my sig but i dont want to remember anything about the last 6 seasons outside the 2 quarters we got to in spite of coach eli