FORREST 2023

“Eli ain’t that dumb “ was a softball right over the plate and yet the good General didn’t take a swing-I call that growth and perhaps wisdom from the beloved General…

Part of the explanation for varied outcomes between M.S. & H. S. is the influx of talent—one new athletic family-I don’t know if they are Catholic or Mormon or irresponsible, but they have like 10 boys-strong/tall and can run and catch  etc…

Cascade competed vs the #11 prospect in Alabama last week-a 4 star db committed to Auburn—our Junior WR C. Casey caught two TD’s on him and intercepted a pass that was intended for him—I mention this to inform you that Casey, who is also the starting FS, will be unavailable for the Eagleville scrimmage next week. Also, the two likely primary ball carriers, Lovvorn and Dowell, will be out. That opens the door-possibly-for last season’s 195lbs wrestling state medalist, I. Chapa to run the ball… These 3 seniors are all dogs, they are between 190lbs and 215lbs, at least two of them will be ready for opening night. With the giant line and these 3, -and the strength solution, Cascade should dominate time of possession every game this season…

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

@Salem is correct that smaller schools...the youngins make a much bigger difference 

Indeed- but I’ve only seen one truly impact freshman in my 4 yrs of 2A Cascade football-Duke signee Tony Boggs was big/fast/strong as a Cascade Freshman…     Salem looks to normally developing humans, like a 5”11 150lbs Sophomore with typical speed to be huge producers and that’s where I disagree. The kid with 10 yds per carry last season was bc opposing defenses focused on the Senior Swift. And the Forrest secondary was diving out of the way of last season’s 200lbs Cascade running back bc they were giving up 3 years and 50lbs of muscle —Dogs they were not—I saw rational humans…

Cascade beats Forrest 1x in 10 seasons and all of a sudden the homer is an expert on everything. 

No one is saying Forrest has a Groves. Groves underachieved mightily in high school. He was awarded his offers solely on potential. Forrest thumped ER regularly with him. He quit in the 2019 game. 

Our Freshman might not have the hype, but they do have championships.  

3 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Cascade beats Forrest 1x in 10 seasons and all of a sudden the homer is an expert on everything. 

No one is saying Forrest has a Groves. Groves underachieved mightily in high school. He was awarded his offers solely on potential. Forrest thumped ER regularly with him. He quit in the 2019 game. 

Our Freshman might not have the hype, but they do have championships.  

They don’t have the hype bc they are average—you’re simply a Homer