FORREST 2023

4 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I assure you that won't happen.

I watched cascade maul Forrest and I watched Marion in a nail-biter versus forrest last season-Cascade only lost 4 players so I certainly like our chances in 2023—and Salem & others have said that FC lost most of their talent so they are not a lock either…

14 minutes ago, cascadehomer said:

I watched cascade maul Forrest and I watched Marion in a nail-biter versus forrest last season-Cascade only lost 4 players so I certainly like our chances in 2023—and Salem & others have said that FC lost most of their talent so they are not a lock either…

I watched the Cascade vs Forrest game the week after they lost to Jasper. That Forrest team was very flat. I believe losing that game the week before like they did took the wind out of their sails. Cascade has a good team but I wouldn't base the outcome of that Forrest game last year on anything this season. This region is Fayettevilles to lose because of their dominance the past few years but I do believe this years version of the Warriors is going to be an eye opener for a lot of people. A lot.

33 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

I watched the Cascade vs Forrest game the week after they lost to Jasper. That Forrest team was very flat. I believe losing that game the week before like they did took the wind out of their sails. Cascade has a good team but I wouldn't base the outcome of that Forrest game last year on anything this season. This region is Fayettevilles to lose because of their dominance the past few years but I do believe this years version of the Warriors is going to be an eye opener for a lot of people. A lot.

Fair enough—and I’ll concede that the Champions have a new QB and new RB so it may take some time before everyone falls into their new roles and really starts clicking…

On 7/11/2023 at 8:21 AM, Salem said:

You'll need some transfers with that arrogance. After playing both teams a week apart last year,  Cascade would've scored as many as they wanted to against Marion. 

This year's marion team will be way way different from last year.  All the sophomore kids are a year older, several new players and bring back almost everyone.  Most are only juniors.  Not sure what Cascade runs but I can see mc struggling with a running style qb because the linebackers are so big.  Time will tell.

On 7/11/2023 at 8:21 AM, Salem said:

You'll need some transfers with that arrogance. 

Trust me, I assure you after the season we had last year there is no reason to be arrogant.  Everything was a letdown last year, lots of injuries to main players, coaching was a letdown.   This year will prove one way or the other about that.  The freshmen are sophomores and sophomores juniors.  This team is locked and loaded with a trip to Chattanooga in their sights.  Anything less than that is a failure all across the board.  This team has probably as many athletes as that 16 team, whether it can be pulled together is a different matter.

On 6/13/2023 at 3:31 PM, GeneralForrest said:

the "support the staff" ship sailed long ago. a nuclear holocaust might not save them this season. They are in a man's region now with non-region games against Watertown, what is sure to be a better Cornersville team, Tough 1A programs like Moore and Gordonsville and Heritage...honestly dont know what to expect there so we will probably lose. Cannon isnt a gimme and I know Community is salavating to get their first win in history. If you asked me to take a bullet to guarantee at least 1 win i would decline. 0-10 could happen. Not joking

They will soundly beat my Bulldawgs, sadly. They only have like 22 kids on the team this year lol.

11 hours ago, OriginalWishBone said:

Who is the new OC?

Drew Hooker--had been at 6A Shelbyville Central--his Qb nearly followed him to Cascade--actually still a possibility as the young athlete was spotted at a Champion practice, -although he remained non-committal when I pretended to be a reporter and I posed the question...