FORREST 2023

Who devised this schedule for Forrest? Mao Tse Tung?  I see two wins. 

Fri Aug. 18 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Watertown

Fri Aug. 25 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Cornersville

Fri Sep. 1 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Community

Fri Sep. 8 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Cannon County R

Fri Sep. 15 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif White House Heritage

Fri Sep. 22 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Cascade R

Fri Sep. 29 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Gordonsville

Fri Oct. 6   icon-game12.gif Marion County R

Fri Oct. 20 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Moore County

Fri Oct. 27 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Fayetteville R

On 6/5/2023 at 12:01 PM, GeneralForrest said:

The 2019 team might've lost 5 games on this schedule. 2023 is going to be a TRAIN. WRECK. 

Just make lemonade out of lemons General. If the Rockets only manage two wins, maybe that opens the door that you've been battering your shoulder against for the past two or three seasons. On the other hand (just playing devil's advocate), if Eli manages to be competitive and get a couple of games deep in the playoffs against some stiff competition, maybe there aren't as many holes in the bottom of the ship as people think.

Just for the record, I'm a firm believer in fully supporting the coaching staff (administration and fans) for as long as it's reasonable and then a little longer to be sure... in your case at Forrest, you've (and Salem) pretty much made the case that a change would benefit the program. 

the "support the staff" ship sailed long ago. a nuclear holocaust might not save them this season. They are in a man's region now with non-region games against Watertown, what is sure to be a better Cornersville team, Tough 1A programs like Moore and Gordonsville and Heritage...honestly dont know what to expect there so we will probably lose. Cannon isnt a gimme and I know Community is salavating to get their first win in history. If you asked me to take a bullet to guarantee at least 1 win i would decline. 0-10 could happen. Not joking

Schedule isn't that tough. Check out Fayetteville's. Cupboard isn't bare either. Forrest will have the best 9th & 10th grade classes in the region by a wide margin. Best offensive lineman and imo most consistent QB. Some good 11th and 12th graders will complement the younger guys. 

First 6 opponents won 4, 2, 1, 4, 1, and 6 games in 2022. Only two made the playoffs as #4 seeds. The 6 teams won 8 region games combined. We should be looking at win #2 by week 3. No reason 5-1 or 6-0 isn't possible if the defense gets overhauled.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 12:42 PM, Salem said:

Schedule isn't that tough. Check out Fayetteville's. Cupboard isn't bare either. Forrest will have the best 9th & 10th grade classes in the region by a wide margin. Best offensive lineman and imo most consistent QB. Some good 11th and 12th graders will complement the younger guys. 

First 6 opponents won 4, 2, 1, 4, 1, and 6 games in 2022. Only two made the playoffs as #4 seeds. The 6 teams won 8 region games combined. We should be looking at win #2 by week 3. No reason 5-1 or 6-0 isn't possible if the defense gets overhauled.

MY MAN!!!!!!!!   I hope you are correct.

i do respect that you are plugged in. I see loss after loss the last 3 seasons that were not necessary and I see that man at the top. I stated my case. The big names that were down will be better- i wont argue the talent coming up. some good points. perhaps typed after a nightcap. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2023 at 12:42 PM, Salem said:

Normally, I would stay off of the Forrest exclusive thread, but your post seemed to cause happiness to stir inside of general so I thought I would take a moment to play devils advocate and steal some of his joy, if possible…

1.Cascade has the superior line and it isn’t close.

2. Without elite athletes, it takes upperclassmen to win.

3. Swift is gone, Durbin is gone.

Ig that’s all I’ve got—The Qb is sneaky athletic and makes good decisions-although undersized… I think 4-6 is a good guess…

On 7/5/2023 at 6:58 PM, GeneralForrest said:

MY MAN!!!!!!!!   I hope you are correct.

i do respect that you are plugged in. I see loss after loss the last 3 seasons that were not necessary and I see that man at the top. I stated my case. The big names that were down will be better- i wont argue the talent coming up. some good points. perhaps typed after a nightcap. 

My key word was "should". I try to be optimistic in July and August but I understand your realism. I have no idea how we did or looked in the spring. Program morale at the end of last season hit rock bottom. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Salem said:

My key word was "should". I try to be optimistic in July and August but I understand your realism. I have no idea how we did or looked in the spring. Program morale at the end of last season hit rock bottom. 

I was mostly playing-I hope Cascade and Forrest finish 1 & 2 & give a rude welcome to Marion & FC…