FORREST 2023

4 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Cascade beats Forrest 1x in 10 seasons and all of a sudden the homer is an expert on everything. 

No one is saying Forrest has a Groves. Groves underachieved mightily in high school. He was awarded his offers solely on potential. Forrest thumped ER regularly with him. He quit in the 2019 game. 

Our Freshman might not have the hype, but they do have championships.  

Wrong groves you’re thinking of. You’re thinking of Taylor who you did thump. I’m mentioning Isaiah Groves who had 2 touchdowns vs Forrest his freshman year and led us to an upset victory over the rockets.

9 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

They don’t have the hype bc they are average—you’re simply a Homer 

Cascade has won 2 of the last 3 since the great influx of talent -and the smart money is on the great Champions to make it 3 of the last 4 with a victory this season.  I re-watched the 49-0 massacre this weekend-great fun! The 2nd half is when we unleashed our 200lbs RB and the skinny Forrest kids were scared to death—I repeat—there were no dogs on the roster—just a bunch of skinny scaredy cats…Durbin and Swift made every tackle and they are both gone—. And nothing else has changed, except that our program has invested in a size-building strength solution at nearly 10k/month --meanwhile y’all complain that Eli can’t force the skinny kids to make a hit smh…It’s such a sad state of affairs that I’m beginning to feel like a bully—I have to stop engaging with such a sorry program!

I am as far removed from Forrest current state of the union as CascadeHomer is from reality, but I will share this:

According to a source, Forrest Middle went to Marshall Co's field (4A high school) last night and shut them out in a scrimmage, while scoring at least 7 times. Forrest 2nd team was dominating Marshalls starters.  Forrest ran at will, stopped the run, and the pass rush kept Marshall from any kind of rhythm in the passing game. Source said Marshall didn't cross midfield.  

My source says Forrest Middle lost a great crop of skill players but might be better up front on both sides. Also 1 runner currently in particular still on Middle School has Mr Football talent. 

For what it's worth. I wouldn't bet on a 3rd undefeated season, but it looks like they will be in the hunt and in the mix.  

On 7/25/2023 at 8:33 AM, cascadehomer said:

Cascade has won 2 of the last 3 since the great influx of talent -and the smart money is on the great Champions to make it 3 of the last 4 with a victory this season.  I re-watched the 49-0 massacre this weekend-great fun! The 2nd half is when we unleashed our 200lbs RB and the skinny Forrest kids were scared to death—I repeat—there were no dogs on the roster—just a bunch of skinny scaredy cats…Durbin and Swift made every tackle and they are both gone—. And nothing else has changed, except that our program has invested in a size-building strength solution at nearly 10k/month --meanwhile y’all complain that Eli can’t force the skinny kids to make a hit smh…It’s such a sad state of affairs that I’m beginning to feel like a bully—I have to stop engaging with such a sorry program!

Cascade has always been good at weightlifting championships. Last year was an aberration and solely Coach Eli's fault. 

Edited by GeneralForrest

Cascade has won 2 of the last 3 since the great influx of talent -and the smart money is on the great Champions to make it 3 of the last 4 with a victory this season.

And that makes 2 wins in the last 9 years. The argument is did Cascade rise or Forrest fall.  And why? Cascade was 2-8 in 2019 (0-10 in 2017) while Forrest was 12-1 in 2019. Coach Tyre has flipped the script with a program that was dominated in youth, middle school, and high school. He deserves some cred but his improvement has only been against Forrest. The strength program, new players, and GMOs didn't help against Loretto, Richland, or Mt. P. The Cascade ceiling is still 5-5 or 6-4 with a first round playoff loss.

I re-watched the 49-0 massacre this weekend-great fun! The 2nd half is when we unleashed our 200lbs RB and the skinny Forrest kids were scared to death—I repeat—there were no dogs on the roster—just a bunch of skinny scaredy cats…Durbin and Swift made every tackle and they are both gone—It’s such a sad state of affairs that I’m beginning to feel like a bully—I have to stop engaging with such a sorry program!

That's why I keep saying on the roster and not on the field. Don't think any of the freshmen played defense in that game. Lots of undersized juniors and seniors that didn't make a tackle in that game or any other were out there.  

Two things hard to associate with Cascade football are bully and champions. 

18 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

I am as far removed from Forrest current state of the union as CascadeHomer is from reality,

:roflol:  That's far. 

On 7/27/2023 at 11:35 AM, Salem said:

And that makes 2 wins in the last 9 years. The argument is did Cascade rise or Forrest fall.  And why? Cascade was 2-8 in 2019 (0-10 in 2017) while Forrest was 12-1 in 2019. Coach Tyre has flipped the script with a program that was dominated in youth, middle school, and high school. He deserves some cred but his improvement has only been against Forrest. The strength program, new players, and GMOs didn't help against Loretto, Richland, or Mt. P. The Cascade ceiling is still 5-5 or 6-4 with a first round playoff loss.

That's why I keep saying on the roster and not on the field. Don't think any of the freshmen played defense in that game. Lots of undersized juniors and seniors that didn't make a tackle in that game or any other were out there.  

Two things hard to associate with Cascade football are bully and champions. 

:roflol:  That's far. 

Shelbyville Now (YouTube channel) recently interviewed Coach Tyre-worth a listen & sheds light on how the script was flipped...

Strength Solution is new

Cascade's only bad loss was Richland--had every other game won until finding a way to lose (which is often seen in programs as they learn how to win) 

I favor Cascade this season, Forrest the following season, & then Cascade from that point on based on what's in the pipeline.

Speaking of Reality, the reality is that I watched the General leave at halftime last season--Reality was too much for the grumpy general from Chapel Hill...

Edited by cascadehomer
reality check

On 7/30/2023 at 4:36 PM, cascadehomer said:

& the 2 immediate impact transfers from last season did not pan out--one went down w/ ACL & the other transferred and had a great season at Smith Co

Don’t know anything about Cascade other than what I saw last night but they looked pretty good. The TB/DE should be a load to handle at that level. 

• Upvote 1