6A Region 2 Predictions

On 6/19/2023 at 11:08 AM, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

I know we just got a transfer QB. Region seems to be absolutely stacked.

Here is what I know about Tygard, His style of play is going to attract some absolute studs on the offensive side of the ball.  Kids that might be super talented but in a system that has them running 3 and out 90 % of the time. The kids who can throw catch and run, want a chance to play next level. People can say colleges will find you if you are good, and while there is truth to it, that really only applies if you are playing in a system that lets you have some kind of chance at putting up stats.

Second is Tygard will give offenses so many different looks and will take chances on getting the take away. You got a guy who is going to bring life into this program and an excitement that maybe hasn't been there in a while. Be patient and sit back and watch what happens. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Here is what I know about Tygard, His style of play is going to attract some absolute studs on the offensive side of the ball.  Kids that might be super talented but in a system that has them running 3 and out 90 % of the time. The kids who can throw catch and run, want a chance to play next level. People can say colleges will find you if you are good, and while there is truth to it, that really only applies if you are playing in a system that lets you have some kind of chance at putting up stats.

Second is Tygard will give offenses so many different looks and will take chances on getting the take away. You got a guy who is going to bring life into this program and an excitement that maybe hasn't been there in a while. Be patient and sit back and watch what happens. 

One thing I will say since he’s gotten here, he has took the ground running. Already got several transfers in and has them looking really good early in 7 on 7s. He’s already been hands on from the youth level all the way up and that’s something that hasn’t been done here. Now, if we can keep all our athletes after middle school plus whoever he attracts, this thing can be fun to watch  in years to come 

22 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

One thing I will say since he’s gotten here, he has took the ground running. Already got several transfers in and has them looking really good early in 7 on 7s. He’s already been hands on from the youth level all the way up and that’s something that hasn’t been done here. Now, if we can keep all our athletes after middle school plus whoever he attracts, this thing can be fun to watch  in years to come 

As B45 said, they won't struggle scoring points, but he def struggled keeping teams from scoring pts as well. It's exciting to watch but the jury is out if that will translate to deep playoff runs

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

As B45 said, they won't struggle scoring points, but he def struggled keeping teams from scoring pts as well. It's exciting to watch but the jury is out if that will translate to deep playoff runs

From an Xs and Os stand point Manes might be one of the smartest guys there is. From my understanding the defense is the strongest part of the team so far. The defensive line will be great and is ahead of schedule. I guess time will tell

On 6/21/2023 at 7:01 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I don't think his defense will struggle nearly as much there. We just didn't have the players on the d-side of the ball to really stop folks.... A complete lack of skill and physicality. 

14 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I don't think his defense will struggle nearly as much there. We just didn't have the players on the d-side of the ball to really stop folks.... A complete lack of skill and physicality. 

Defense is as much about the intangibles as it is about skill. Playing physical is a mentality, just because your big doesn't mean your physical. I can probably count on 1 hand how many times Tygard talked about playing physical in his tenure at Blackman (something that will change under Kriesky).

Hopefully he's learned his lesson, by all accounts Manes seems to be a major upgrade in a coordinator compared to what he had at Blackman

On 6/20/2023 at 9:31 PM, fooseball95 said:

Wasn’t Cummins hands on with the middle school when he got there?