Oakland #31

McCallie #55

Baylor #80

Alcoa #100

MBA #116

BA #207

Maryville #229

CPA #232

Thoughts? Anyone miss the list that you think should be on there?

I think LA will drop and then have to climb their way back...hopefully.  

if oakland beats cedar grove, they could be top 25 all season.

I think BA is a sleeper and will end up much higher.

I don't pay a great deal of attention to national polls, but they're a good barometer in terms of national perception. Speaks well for our state when 6 teams are in or near the top 100 (West is at #102). Hopefully Oakland's Week 2 game against Center Grove is televised, can't imagine there are a ton of games featuring two top 40 teams

40 minutes ago, boogersbooger said:

I'd say Bearden, Riverdale, Bradley and West all have the talent to crack the top 300.

You missed West, they were just outside the top 100 at 102. As for the rest, they need to do something in the postseason that matters. 

Riverdale and Bradley have always had the talent, but I couldn't tell ya the last time Riverdale had a good offense. Nothing against Holcomb and his kid, but choosing to play him over Kade Hewitt looks pretty silly in hindsight. Bradley is the opposite, they never had a defense that would put fear into Maryville.  If your gonna be average on one side of the ball, you better be pretty elite on the other side.

As for Bearden, they wouldn't be the first team to thump their chest about breaking through the glass ceiling Maryville has imposed on East TN. You can't beat the Rebels on talent alone

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/27/2023 at 6:30 PM, boogersbooger said:

HSFB America National Pre-season

LA #23

Oakland #31

McCallie #55

Baylor #80

Alcoa #100

MBA #116

BA #207

Maryville #229

CPA #232

Thoughts? Anyone miss the list that you think should be on there?

The East Region in D-II AAA is well represented. Catholic is the only team not ranked in that poll. 

59 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

The East Region in D-II AAA is well represented. Catholic is the only team not ranked in that poll. 

And they won’t be for a while, there are teachers over there that are trying to get students that are really good at the game of football kicked out of school for not being up to grade standards. (which is something Catholic has been doing forever) but coaches don’t want that, however, coaches don’t teach there, that is the teachers argument, and then the athletic Director gets in, so it’s a whole dumpster fire, but hopefully they will be able to fix it.

8 hours ago, Elias287 said:

Definitely Bradley kind of crazy that they’re not up there considering how much talent they have. 

they don't base this on talent.  i think it's partially past results and largely OOS games, particularly in the top 25.   correct me if i am wrong but last year, they didn't beat any major opponents (no one in the top 300) and exited the playoffs first round.

9 hours ago, Elias287 said:

And they won’t be for a while, there are teachers over there that are trying to get students that are really good at the game of football kicked out of school for not being up to grade standards. (which is something Catholic has been doing forever) but coaches don’t want that, however, coaches don’t teach there, that is the teachers argument, and then the athletic Director gets in, so it’s a whole dumpster fire, but hopefully they will be able to fix it.

Fake news