IMG VS LA question

Elias287

I’ve never been to Lipscomb Academy, but I’m going to the IMG game, and many people are going to the IMG game, so I imagine parking is going to be very bad for those that have been to a Lipscomb Academy game. How bad is parking normally? I mean, I imagine the school and the little parking lot the stadium has are going to be filled up instantly. I plan to get there about 3 to 4 hours ahead of time. How bad should parking be, and should I be prepared for the worst?

Edited by Elias287

• Elias287 changed the title to IMG VS LA question
58 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

I’ve never been to Lipscomb Academy, but I’m going to the IMG game, and many people are going to the IMG game, so I imagine parking is going to be very bad for those that have been to a Lipscomb Academy game. How bad is parking normally? I mean, I imagine the school and the little parking lot the stadium has are going to be filled up instantly. I plan to get there about 3 to 4 hours ahead of time. How bad should parking be, and should I be prepared for the worst?

There's a decent amount of parking in the area around the stadium, but if your gonna go, I'd get there early. I recommend visiting the 12 South area if you have time to kill

• Upvote 1

it's won't be too bad.  all the parking around the stadium is reserved for athletic club and the away team (they get to park right behind their bleachers which is pretty cool).

there is plenty of parking at the university and the overflow lot on granny white which is where i usually park if I dont have a pass.  it's much easier to get out once the game it over but it's never too bad.  lots of roads in and out of the area unlike some schools that have only a couple ways in to the campus.  for big games, they sometimes provide shuttles and even use woodmont hill church.  

seating is going to be tight though.  i'll get there early for that!  

and yes, 12th south is worth a visit.

• Upvote 1

Surely this game will be televised or streamed somewhere? I would like to watch this game.

On 7/7/2023 at 2:23 PM, theawesomebro said:

it's won't be too bad.  all the parking around the stadium is reserved for athletic club and the away team (they get to park right behind their bleachers which is pretty cool).

there is plenty of parking at the university and the overflow lot on granny white which is where i usually park if I dont have a pass.  it's much easier to get out once the game it over but it's never too bad.  lots of roads in and out of the area unlike some schools that have only a couple ways in to the campus.  for big games, they sometimes provide shuttles and even use woodmont hill church.  

seating is going to be tight though.  i'll get there early for that!  

and yes, 12th south is worth a visit.

Any chance that this game would be moved off the Lipscomb campus which has very limited seating and parking to Vanderbilt which can accommodate more fans?  I know that when Byrnes was nationally ranked and came to Nashville to play MBA the game was played at Vanderbilt. 

8 hours ago, cbg said:

Any chance that this game would be moved off the Lipscomb campus which has very limited seating and parking to Vanderbilt which can accommodate more fans?  I know that when Byrnes was nationally ranked and came to Nashville to play MBA the game was played at Vanderbilt. 

I doubt it.  I think the home field advantage is something they would not give up.  plus it will be packed and rocking which will be better than a mostly empty huge stadium albeit not as comfy.

On 7/7/2023 at 1:20 PM, Elias287 said:

Tbr I wouldn’t be worried about parking now finding a SEAT!! I would be there at least a hour 1/2 early