IMG VS LA question

Elias287

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Well probably didn't help Lincoln Co had a future NFL QB on their roster as well.

Anybody that loves football that lived in RuCo in the 90s can probably tell you about the 98 playoff matchup between Oakland and Riverdale held at MTSU that filled up most of the stadium,  but instances like that are a rarity with the amount of games televised now

Yes, sir. Lincoln had a heck of a coach as well. I remember hearing about that 98 game, even though I was back in Georgia by then.

10 minutes ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

Going to LA from DCA?

Maybe Brentwood Academy idk but either way, I think he’s looking for a new home. Someone told me a very good elite 2026 TE up in Nashville is moving around as well and other than Carson Sneed I really can’t think of anyone else they are talking about. 

On 7/15/2023 at 6:07 PM, cbg said:

Once again, MBA moved their national game with Byrnes of South Carolina to Vanderbilt in order to accommodate all the patrons.  

that's not what happened...when the Clinic Bowl ceased to exist, and was replaced by the BCB, the Clinic Bowl organizers tried to reestablish the game as a season kick-off series at Vanderbilt.  MBA committed to the event, but the organizers were not able to secure participation from another local (public) opponent...so the opponent they could find to play was Byrnes HS and it was a total mismatch.  Byrnes blew MBA out.  But the game was never moved from campus to Vanderbilt.

interestingly, the QB for Byrnes that day Willy Korn has developed as a great assistant coach and likely future head coach.  Has been with Jamey Chadwell at Coastal Carolina and went with him to Liberty....been fun to follow his career.

20 hours ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

Going to LA from DCA?

He would have to sit out a season, not outside 20 mile as the crow flies from current school. If he stays private Chattanooga only private school he would eligible. He has offers from AL and LSU already , I'd say mission accomplished! 

4 hours ago, JustinBuck said:

Lipscomb is about to get some real big news. The arms race between them and BA will be something else.

I think that is shaping up to be a fun new rivalry.  just 5.5 miles down granny white, kinda like the battle of the blvd between belmont and lipscomb u.

I just wish BA had 2 sets of bleachers.  i do not like sitting on the same side as the opposing fans.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JustinBuck said:

Lipscomb is about to get some real big news. The arms race between them and BA will be something else.

When is the news going to break?  The season is not far away and new players in a critical role will need time to learn the system.  We've seen on here the mention of a high profile QB being added. D2 AAA is going to be an incredible game every week.

30 minutes ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

When is the news going to break?  The season is not far away and new players in a critical role will need time to learn the system.  We've seen on here the mention of a high profile QB being added. D2 AAA is going to be an incredible game every week.

Before August 18