out of state game for TN teams

2 hours ago, chs1984 said:

It’s difficult for Georgia and Tennessee teams to play because they change schedules on different years. BTW- Cedar Grove is a beast. Best top to bottom athletes in Georgia.

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I don't like being that guy, but it's Center Grove (Indiana) not Cedar Grove. Easy mistake to make and at least people don't misspell it like they do to Siegel

Yep, sorry for the confusion there but thanks for clearing up MTF. I definitely knew the difference between the two but didn't catch my mistake. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 11:02 AM, blazer1set said:

Region 1:

Aug 18 Clyde A Erwin (North Carolina) @ Daniel Boone (5A) (Tennessee)
Sep 8 Science Hill (6A) (Tennessee) @ Union (Virginia)
Sep 15 Asheville (North Carolina) @ Dobyns Bennett (6A) (Tennessee)

SH is seriously playing a school in Big Stone Gap, VA? My goodness that is sad!

6 minutes ago, samvol said:

SH is seriously playing a school in Big Stone Gap, VA? My goodness that is sad!

Do you even know anything about Union who they are playing?  Since Union became a school in 2011 (consolidation of Appalachia High School and Powell Valley High School) they have won over 75% of their games and been to two Semi-Finals in VA. Better to play them than a picking up another NET team because besides Greeneville Union would beat the other NET school that aren't already on SH schedule.

Some Notable Alumni that either went to Union or Powell Valley before Consolidation would be 

Thomas Jones, former NFL running back. Played at Virginia, drafted by the Arizona Cardinals 1st round 7th overall 2000 NFL Draft.

Julius Jones, former NFL running back. Played at Notre Dame, drafted by the Dallas Cowboys 2nd round 43rd overall 2004 NFL Draft.

James Mitchell, Played at Virginia Tech, drafted by the Detroit Lions 5th round 177th overall 2022 NFL Draft.

I'm aware of Union, and some of the athletes. With that, a school of 2500 shouldn't be traveling to a school of that size fresh off 2 losses to Gate City. Before you ask if I know Gate City's history, that is not the same program it once was. SH should be playing Knoxville area schools before playing a team in Big Stone Gap, VA. 

22 minutes ago, samvol said:

I'm aware of Union, and some of the athletes. With that, a school of 2500 shouldn't be traveling to a school of that size fresh off 2 losses to Gate City. Before you ask if I know Gate City's history, that is not the same program it once was. SH should be playing Knoxville area schools before playing a team in Big Stone Gap, VA. 

Who the Heck did you want them to pick up in Knoxville and have you heard of schedules matching up since the TSSAA set the conference schedules? Their out of conference schedule consists of  the 4a state champs from last year (Knoxville area school), Betsy another recent state champ, Maryville (Always a top contender in 6a and has more state championships in public school other than Alcoa and another Knoxville area team), and then Daniel Boone which is a close to home game.  There is more to scheduling then i think you understand