6A Region 4 Early Predictions ?

Onto Antioch, first off. They have a FRESHMAN  Qb that will no doubt be a power 5 QB before all is said and done. The kid picked up his first D1 offer just this week as a freshman.. I’ve watched film on him and I’m not sure I’ve seen a better player at his age In my lifetime. In this state anyways. Now his supporting cast has some to be desired but when Antioch are clicking they are dangerous. They have a few speedsters and an RB or 2 that can tote the ball. After watching film on Antioch/Stewart’s Creek,  Antioch simply outplayed Stewart’s Creek, Although I wasn’t too impressed with SC tbh. If MJ chooses to come out and play flat they could be in trouble. Antioch’s defense is where MJ has to capitalize, many drives I’ve watched them turn into full metro mode and provide gaping holes or busted coverages against opponents. All in all it’s good to see Antioch back to winning ways, I’m excited for this matchup and I think it’ll be a good test for MJ to either prove themselves or… who knows. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Onto Antioch, first off. They have a FRESHMAN  Qb that will no doubt be a power 5 QB before all is said and done. The kid picked up his first D1 offer just this week as a freshman.. I’ve watched film on him and I’m not sure I’ve seen a better player at his age In my lifetime. In this state anyways. Now his supporting cast has some to be desired but when Antioch are clicking they are dangerous. They have a few speedsters and an RB or 2 that can tote the ball. After watching film on Antioch/Stewart’s Creek,  Antioch simply outplayed Stewart’s Creek, Although I wasn’t too impressed with SC tbh. If MJ chooses to come out and play flat they could be in trouble. Antioch’s defense is where MJ has to capitalize, many drives I’ve watched them turn into full metro mode and provide gaping holes or busted coverages against opponents. All in all it’s good to see Antioch back to winning ways, I’m excited for this matchup and I think it’ll be a good test for MJ to either prove themselves or… who knows. 

I was surprised to see Antioch upend Stewart’s Creek.  Stewart’s Creek started off the season really good.  I have not seen Antioch on film but they have really rallied behind their new coach.  Reminds me of when Woods came to Cane Ridge.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/27/2023 at 2:49 AM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Watched some film on Antioch vs Cane Ridge and yes I agree the Freshman QB is awesome . Defense is very aggressive and tackled well and created numerous turn overs  ..I was impressed but Mt Juliet will have to shoot themselves in both feet to loss this one . Mt Juliet wins this one by 3 plus scores .

The least ready/focused I've seen this team this year. Figured they would be ready to give the home crowd something to see for the first time this year. But no air was in the tires tonight.

Tough loss tonight 26-23. Had 3 turnovers, all in the redzone. Cookeville protected the ball no turnovers. Gallatin had a 23-7 advantage in the first, then collapsed. Tough one, but let's move on and get better. This is one of those inexperienced, first year team/staff combo road bumps IMO. 

Also, can we just get rid of homecoming? Nothing more than a distraction. That was my opinion 15 years ago, and that's my opinion now. 

Congrats on the win, Cookeville

Edited by thegreatone36

5 hours ago, eers said:

It took seven weeks, but Gallatin figured out how to Gallatin… :popcorneater:

Atleast I and the Green Wave supporters will show up on here win or lose. Unlike you who went ghost on us for a week and pretended that Independence 28-7 game never happened without saying a word. You're quick to get on here any game that Beech wins, or you feel that you are "right" about Gallatin. Let your team get humbled though = crickets. :popcorneater: 

I must have missed where you commented on Gallatin last week, cause surely you wouldn't only comment on GHS only when you can bash, right Mr. "I’m not anti-Gallatin"

And to think I haven't even ribbed you or Beech one time this year after any of the 3 losses they took. 

• Like 1