Knoxville area football coaches thoughts on transfers

Elias287

1 hour ago, Dawgz4life said:

In Knoxville and surrounding places, there’s never been a high school kid that signed an NIL deal and have gotten money. It’s either a discount code or just a discount in general there’s never been anybody to get solid cash or money in their bank account since NIL has started in Tennessee high school’s for football. I mean, it’s probably gonna start happening in Nashville if it hasn’t already, but I doubt it ever comes to Knoxville or anywhere else. 

Maybe they shouldn't transfer then. Not good enough to get paid, then are you really that good? NIL is in place to capitalize on the talent. Which is more of case to stay where you're at and build your community. A coach leaving is a career/family move but somehow has got lumped into a WR/DB/QB with a 3.0 GPA being the same thing.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Maybe they shouldn't transfer then. Not good enough to get paid, then are you really that good? NIL is in place to capitalize on the talent. Which is more of case to stay where you're at and build your community. A coach leaving is a career/family move but somehow has got lumped into a WR/DB/QB with a 3.0 GPA being the same thing.

Transferring was a thing way before NIL and players transfer to get the best opportunity for their future. 

45 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

Transferring was a thing way before NIL and players transfer to get the best opportunity for their future. 

Best opportunity for their future or coach chasing rings? Lets not confuse the two. Living and playing in the 90s in Knoxville, I understand and saw it on my own team. If kids/parents/coaches were wanting the best for their future a team like Farragut would have an increase in transfers with their reputation in regards to academics. If we are looking for their future that is. The NIL was tossed out because another poster stated players cannot be compensated. 

2 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

In Knoxville and surrounding places, there’s never been a high school kid that signed an NIL deal and have gotten money. It’s either a discount code or just a discount in general there’s never been anybody to get solid cash or money in their bank account since NIL has started in Tennessee high school’s for football. I mean, it’s probably gonna start happening in Nashville if it hasn’t already, but I doubt it ever comes to Knoxville or anywhere else. 

That’s not entirely accurate… there have been a few, they just haven’t made it public

1 hour ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

I don’t think coach jones meant he wants the players to play even with a concussion. This is conversation is political imo. Should the school system be a free market or not 

Then he shouldn't have mentioned concussions in the conversation.  Because it sure sounds like what he is saying.

10 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

Then he shouldn't have mentioned concussions in the conversation.  Because it sure sounds like what he is saying.

I didn’t take it like he wanted kids playing with concussions. I think coaches probably shouldn’t have commented, but my take from what he said was…. Just that with concussion and everything that people use as reason for kids not to play football, that everything that can be done to encourage more kids to play the game is needed.

10 hours ago, Ffball9999 said:

That’s not entirely accurate… there have been a few, they just haven’t made it public

Ok then that’s suspicious if they are getting paid by someone without getting anything in return, but as far as my knowledge goes nobody has gotten money.

19 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

We all agree with that; it's the recruiting of just a couple public schools and most of the private school that sticks in our craws.

Player movement 
Jeff Miner, Hardin Valley Academy: "In Knox County, one of the biggest things is just keeping players. Players in this county go all over the place. Regardless of where they live go to schools across the county or down the road or whatever. I think the biggest challenge in Knox County — we have three private schools that sit in our zone you know. We’re bordered by some really good programs so one of the biggest challenges for us is keeping all the kids that live in Hardin Valley,"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ffball9999 said:

I didn’t take it like he wanted kids playing with concussions. I think coaches probably shouldn’t have commented, but my take from what he said was…. Just that with concussion and everything that people use as reason for kids not to play football, that everything that can be done to encourage more kids to play the game is needed.

"...It (Football) gets beat up in the media a little bit through concussions and so forth..."

sounds like he thinks the media is blowing concussions out of proportion...