Crockett county vs Trenton Peabody scrimmage 7-28

44 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I was told that thru the first 4 series for each team it was 21-0 Crockett and Peabody was without a first down. Very reliable source. However Crockett is loaded with returners this year and Peabody replaces a ton. 

Most people in Trenton knew this was coming. It was evident that for most of the Trenton players it was the first time that they have ever played in a high school atmosphere. A lot of nerves were shown on Friday night that I do not foresee happening again. Did Crockett whoop us, definitely. But, there were positives on Friday night. Our guys need to understand that prior teams earned what they accomplished through the work they put in. This group will do the same. They will get to work as I am sure the coaching staff has this weekend. Trenton will be a different team by the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I was told that thru the first 4 series for each team it was 21-0 Crockett and Peabody was without a first down. Very reliable source. However Crockett is loaded with returners this year and Peabody replaces a ton. 

Mustangs got Crockett Co.,Milan & Riverside 3 weeks in a row. Pretty tough run. Saw Riverside scrimmage Hardin Co. Pretty talented bunch. That big running back reminds me of Earnest Fields. Not only a big time RB but an outstanding linebacker also. I know the Bulldogs are improved, but this is the best Mustang squad I've seen in a while. Gonna be fun.

1 hour ago, thunderbolts said:

Most people in Trenton knew this was coming. It was evident that for most of the Trenton players it was the first time that they have ever played in a high school atmosphere. A lot of nerves were shown on Friday night that I do not foresee happening again. Did Crockett whoop us, definitely. But, there were positives on Friday night. Our guys need to understand that prior teams earned what they accomplished through the work they put in. This group will do the same. They will get to work as I am sure the coaching staff has this weekend. Trenton will be a different team by the end of the season. 

I agree 100% with everything you just said. I know your coaching staff very well. They will get those boys to where they need to be. 

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustangs got Crockett Co.,Milan & Riverside 3 weeks in a row. Pretty tough run. Saw Riverside scrimmage Hardin Co. Pretty talented bunch. That big running back reminds me of Earnest Fields. Not only a big time RB but an outstanding linebacker also. I know the Bulldogs are improved, but this is the best Mustang squad I've seen in a while. Gonna be fun.

Milan will have to have toughened up in the trenches to be able to beat the Stanks and Riverside. Next week against Dburg will tell a lot. The Trojans will have one of the best O lines in West TN this year. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Milan will have to have toughened up in the trenches to be able to beat the Stanks and Riverside. Next week against Dburg will tell a lot. The Trojans will have one of the best O lines in West TN this year. 

They could have if we put our best on the field but it looks like we gonna play daddy ball