2023 Union City Tornadoes

Tornado82

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with everything you are saying. I can definitely see the difference in the UC community as compared to other 1A schools. And if anyone wants to complain about that I totally get it. My problem is when people get on here and directly or indirectly say UC cheats. People have no proof of that. If someone wants to complain about the system have at it. I can see that. But let’s not trash people we don’t know when we have no proof. 

If they aren't letting some to school there and others they are.Then you call call it however you want.Again.You won't get me to believe a school with 300 students lost 66 students if that post is correct.But it's over.No need keep harping on small Jackson .We will see if they are as good as advertised.

7 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

If they aren't letting some to school there and others they are.Then you call call it however you want.Again.You won't get me to believe a school with 300 students lost 66 students if that post is correct.But it's over.No need keep harping on small Jackson .We will see if they are as good as advertised.

Come on man just because y’all have a population of 20 and the only reason y’all got a Sonic was by counting the inmates at the prison as part of you population doesn’t mean you have to hate on Union City.

10 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Your right. I won’t get you to believe a school with 300 lost 66 students. But may be you will eventually that UC with 422 students lost 66. 

1 hour ago, Tornado82 said:

Come on man just because y’all have a population of 20 and the only reason y’all got a Sonic was by counting the inmates at the prison as part of you population doesn’t mean you have to hate on Union City.

I'm sure Union City has bunch of special nerds students they not counting.

9 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Go Tornadoes.Beat those lowly LC Falcons and Dresden Lions and the Vikings,Tigers,Red Devils,Bulldogs.None of us has a chance.Shouldnt be on the same field.

You are so pathetic. Nobody has ever said any of the schools you named didn’t belong on the same field. You all have some great kids because I know a lot of them and know they will compete with they beat anyone has. Nobody has self proclaimed Union City as anything this year, so quit trying to use that to fire your boys up because they can do that on there on. Just chill and enjoy the season. It’s about them.

I believe UC will be good but from my understanding they only have 7 seniors on the team and no doubt they have kids that can contribute in younger classes but very few teams win a state championship without a heavy dose of seniors. Mckenzie(2022) and Dresden(2016) are prime examples of that. Both teams needed that year of Juniors playing together and then start as seniors to get there. Dresden only has a couple kids playing who didn't get much playing time the last 3 years. I'm taking experience in this one.

31 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

I believe UC will be good but from my understanding they only have 7 seniors on the team and no doubt they have kids that can contribute in younger classes but very few teams win a state championship without a heavy dose of seniors. Mckenzie(2022) and Dresden(2016) are prime examples of that. Both teams needed that year of Juniors playing together and then start as seniors to get there. Dresden only has a couple kids playing who didn't get much playing time the last 3 years. I'm taking experience in this one.

Well Union City can look to themselves as an example of winning without a load of seniors. 2013 they had what 2 or 3?

3 hours ago, Sherdog said:

Dresden in 2012 went to the 2A state championship with four or five sophomores starting all season. Possible a couple more. Granted we had a group of studs in the senior class and some very good juniors. They also got smoked by the best team money could buy that year in Friendship Christian. Senior leadership is important but I don't think you have to have nine seniors starting on each side of the ball to win it all. The 2016 Dresden class started playing peewee together and didn't lose anyone in that core group of nine or ten kids throughout their years at Dresden. That doesn't happen often.