Bearden VS West Week 1

Dawgz4life

2 hours ago, FootballFan888 said:

With all the talent they recruited in, Crooked Coach Jones and his DroolDogs still couldn’t overcome their coach’s little-league mentality to go for it and not take the points. The Beerden kicker has a great leg, at least from what I saw when he actually got to kick it.  Shocking that the DroolDogs had so many penalties and several procedural issues, I figured a program where the inmates run the asylum would be polished lol. 

Winning forgives a lot of sins, the DroolDogs better start winning fast before the mob turns on their ring leader. 

Word on the street, (Kingston Pike, Gleason Dr, Gallahar View Rd, or Downtown West, but not Morrell Rd because that is the West zone now), is that Coach Jones and his staff are trying to parlay this BHS gig into a next level job. They have shown they can recruit. I guess the NIL money is coming from Rocky Top League proceeds. And the reason the big RB transfer from Gallatin only gets a few caries even after he is hot and running over and past people is so Coach Jones and the offensive staff can show their different personnel groupings and shifts and motions to get it on UTube so when they go speak at national clinics in search of next level jobs the can tout their RPO, personnel groupings, zone scheme, and race car packages to HCs looking for up and coming future OCs, and potential HCs like Gus Malzahn and Hugh Freeze parlayed.

On 8/12/2023 at 1:51 PM, FootballFan888 said:

Kind of funny what this game represents. IMO it’s the changing of the guard in the recruiting/transfer war. West has, for last 5-10 years won a lot of recruiting wars under the guise of their “IB”(irritable bowel) program. 

Now a couple of things is working against the Webels. One, Bearden hiring the shadiest staff in the state that will stop at no lengths to pull kids from anywhere.  And two, the West principal doesn’t have as much focus on the football team since her son has graduated. 

When the All-Star Boodogs beat West on Saturday, it will officially be the changing of the guard in West Knox County. 

No beef with you 888,  but Saying that Dr. Speas doesn;t "have as much focus on the football team since her son graduated" could not be further from the truth.   She's all in, and anybody that knows her will say the  same.  

2 hours ago, Bulldog27 said:

What’s the over under on how many games it takes before someone hands TSSAA some real proof on what’s going on at Bearden.

Jones kinda reminds me of one of those crazy coaches on last chance U. That will do or say anything during the heat of a moment.

Well, I hate to break it to y’all, but there would be a lot of schools in Knoxville, and in surrounding areas that will go down way before Bearden does. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/20/2023 at 4:32 PM, Elias287 said:

Well, I hate to break it to y’all, but there would be a lot of schools in Knoxville, and in surrounding areas that will go down way before Bearden does. 

Seems to not be understood by many who post here. This isn't new and a reason coaches/AD don't say anything is because of the closet they keep. 

2 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Hey Big E what schools you say are going down way before BHS? 

On 8/20/2023 at 5:45 PM, Bulldog27 said:

I’ll take that bet. Pretty sure we’ve all seen the text messages.

It’s all staying off message boards until Bearden wins some district games. As soon as that happens I’ll tell you that some people are going to look pretty silly on Kingston pike.

what’s probably going to happen is they won’t win enough district games and this all gets carried over to next year.

it’s hard to build a program when you got people on the inside turning you in. That’s all I’ll say.

30 minutes ago, Bulldog27 said:

It’s all staying off message boards until Bearden wins some district games. As soon as that happens I’ll tell you that some people are going to look pretty silly on Kingston pike.

what’s probably going to happen is they won’t win enough district games and this all gets carried over to next year.

it’s hard to build a program when you got people on the inside turning you in. That’s all I’ll say.

It’s pretty funny because that’s what everyone was saying about this time last year, so maybe you should take your little conspiracy hat off and look at reality. Nothing’s going to happen because nothing is going on, and if anything is going on, I hate to break it to you. Bearden is not the first school in Knoxville to do it, if anything, they are just joining a pool of already established recruiting schools, but it just seems people can’t accept that. I don’t know enough about the Bearden situation to talk about it, but I know what other schools in Knoxville do, they recruit them young, they get to the parents in Little League, they promise a great education and a free pass to college, and that’s how schools get people like Eli Owens, CJ Smith, etc., but I’ve seen Bearden doesn’t do that, they cut the middleman and start grabbing people from middle school or other schools, so I don’t understand the hatred for Jones. Other than Coach Jones cuts the middle man, every other school in Knoxville does recruiting, and when I say every other school, I mean every school except maybe 2-3 in Knoxville and surrounding areas.

• Sad 1