Hendersonville at Gallatin

MJGOLDENBEARS

2 hours ago, runninblind said:

Gallatin getting no love from the sports media all 10 writers picked Hendersonville to win !  

Week 1 is always difficult to pick, most I'm assuming see 1st year HC and total change of scheme vs an established program in Hendersonville with a solid player like Baker. It's easier to pick what you know than what you don't know. I doubt many in the media side are picking Hendersonville because they think they are a lot better than Gallatin, because this is a pretty evenly matched game. Just my 2 cents as a fellow media person. 

• Like 1

Congrats Hendersonville on the win. Commandos had an answer for every score Gallatin had. Gallatin kept it tied until mid 3rd, then Baker just couldn't be stopped. There was a couple times that most qb's would have took a sack, and he just delivered a bomb. Has a great arm. I have been big on this Baker kid all off-season, and tonight he just solidified that for me. Kid can do it all. He was undoubtedly the difference in the game. 

I am also very proud of the play from the young sophomore Gallatin QB Stroup. Has a strong pocket presence and reads the field well. Was able to scramble out of a couple rushes and made some nice passes. D line stopped the run pretty well, but just didn't have an answer for Baker's deep ball. Multiple times had them backed up 3rd & long, and Baker was always able to keep drives alive. I'll be following him this year.

Again, congrats Commandos. 

Go Green Wave. 

Edited by thegreatone36

What a game from both sides that was fun. 
Gallatin is big and they fought all night

Mason Baker is sure fun to watch. 
the unofficial stat lines for Baker:

Mason Baker 10/13 313 YDS 4 TDs
10 Carries 136 Yards 2 TDs

What a game. 
great atmosphere to begin the season 

GO COMMANDOS!

On to NE at home. Ready to see that JumboTron

Edited by BarnBurner09
  • Like 1

Commandos beat a good football team tonight. Gallatin will win a lot of games this year. Baker was phenomenal. One of the coaches after the game said he had 360 yds passing. I thought our line did a really good job especially in pass protection. Got some work to do on defense. Good win to open the season!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Commandos beat a good football team tonight. Gallatin will win a lot of games this year. Baker was phenomenal. One of the coaches after the game said he had 360 yds passing. I thought our line did a really good job especially in pass protection. Got some work to do on defense. Good win to open the season!

Fully agree. 
GHS RB Brinkley a hossss. Bowling Ball.  He will help them seal a lot of games when they take the lead. Stroup will be a fine QB he has weapons.

Gallatin has a lot of size and speed. They won’t go down easy to anyone all year.

Stroup is gonna be a great coach for Gallatin they got a great one. And same for the QB. Was a good QB the whole game and will take Gallatin to the next level. Tonight was fun. Took me back to the HHS v Gallatin days. Great atmosphere. 

Hendersonville showed that this year they have some dawgs. Gallatin was bigger most places. They fought. Hung in. Baker and co just made the difference.

A great battle and it’ll be fun for years to come. I know Gallatin will have a good year.

Great W for the COMMANDOS!!