Mairvul att tha Mountun Ears (offishual gaim weak thred)

STARSNBARS

55 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Name them.

We'll be waiting.....

Long-wait GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I’m sorry, but I will not be calling out individual high school players by name on an Internet forum. You know who they are, as do many others in and around the community. 

They should be over by the cow pastures getting their piss hot but instead they are over at the barber shop on Broadway. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, FootballFan888 said:

I’m sorry, but I will not be calling out individual high school players by name on an Internet forum. You know who they are, as do many others in and around the community. 

They should be over by the cow pastures getting their piss hot but instead they are over at the barber shop on Broadway. 

Arguing about where kids play vs. where they should go to school is just pointless at this point. Sadly, like college, transfers are now just part of the HS game. There were at least three QBs at Friday night’s Jamboree who were transfers.

Coaches are recruiting. Parents are shopping their kids to programs. Players are too impatient to work their way up through a program. Less and less commitment to a program, gratitude for how it helped them develop and school/community pride. It has been happening for a long time on a very irregular, limited basis, but over the past several years it’s gotten out of hand. These days if coaches or parents believe a kid has talent, there will be offers to transfer. 

32 minutes ago, camppack said:

Arguing about where kids play vs. where they should go to school is just pointless at this point. Sadly, like college, transfers are now just part of the HS game. There were at least three QBs at Friday night’s Jamboree who were transfers.

Coaches are recruiting. Parents are shopping their kids to programs. Players are too impatient to work their way up through a program. Less and less commitment to a program, gratitude for how it helped them develop and school/community pride. It has been happening for a long time on a very irregular, limited basis, but over the past several years it’s gotten out of hand. These days if coaches or parents believe a kid has talent, there will be offers to transfer. 

I'll go on record and say this. Some programs get in transfers and the coaches are so in love with their new prosprct they shove them in front of everyone that has paid the price to be there. That happened to a program last year and the one that should of been there quit and by all rights I can't blame him at all. Turned out the beloved transfer couldn't ever master the system that the one who quit knew very well. Sometimes you reep what you sew and did that team ever suffer from such a bad decision. No need to mention what school or names of players but it did happen.

25 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'll go on record and say this. Some programs get in transfers and the coaches are so in love with their new prosprct they shove them in front of everyone that has paid the price to be there. That happened to a program last year and the one that should of been there quit and by all rights I can't blame him at all. Turned out the beloved transfer couldn't ever master the system that the one who quit knew very well. Sometimes you reep what you sew and did that team ever suffer from such a bad decision. No need to mention what school or names of players but it did happen.

Classic example of the problem. The kid and parent not happy with direction of previous school and thought they could get more attention from colleges elsewhere. Parent shops kid to various programs in area. Gaining coach takes the kid, not knowing him like a kid who grew up in the program. Player doesn't know system or fit culture. End result, everyone (previous school, new school & player) loses. Same thing is unfortunately getting played out way too often these days. 

56 minutes ago, camppack said:

Classic example of the problem. The kid and parent not happy with direction of previous school and thought they could get more attention from colleges elsewhere. Parent shops kid to various programs in area. Gaining coach takes the kid, not knowing him like a kid who grew up in the program. Player doesn't know system or fit culture. End result, everyone (previous school, new school & player) loses. Same thing is unfortunately getting played out way too often these days. 

I don’t disagree, but I will take a little different angle. Is the transfer portal going to make coaches even lazier? Don’t bother developing young kids. Instead , plan on going and getting transfers? I’ve already heard it from one college coach. You have to recruit for that one year now. They may be gone in two or three years.

15 hours ago, strongx said:

So how did the f’n eers look Friday? Are they throwing it around like everybody else? Top 3-4 positions to watch for? They should pipe the pregame speech into the stadium for the fans. We’d all be pi$$ing fire!

Possibly the greatest comment ever on the T. Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of posts on  coacht.com 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FootballFan888 said:

Now don’t go blaming the barber. Bro does a gooder fade. The only one close is McCroskey, back when he was on high street, before the lumber magnate built a library. Fact is even the brothers want a line up from APB. Real recognize real and APB is an artisan with the clippers. 44 wanted a fade but had to go to Ts instead because cash only and first come first serve. No appointments and no exceptions. Everyone from the senator to HandbookTV agrees with me. 

3 hours ago, strongx said:

I don’t disagree, but I will take a little different angle. Is the transfer portal going to make coaches even lazier? Don’t bother developing young kids. Instead , plan on going and getting transfers? I’ve already heard it from one college coach. You have to recruit for that one year now. They may be gone in two or three years.

Interesting thought. Why pour years of time and effort into developing someone (who might leave) when you can go on the open market and recruit a transfer to fill your needs. Sure hope this doesn’t become the new norm but I share your concern that this approach might attract some coaches. 

On 8/13/2023 at 10:22 AM, FootballFan888 said:

Like this is a bad place to be or something??

22 hours ago, MurphyCollege said:

Now don’t go blaming the barber. Bro does a gooder fade. The only one close is McCroskey, back when he was on high street, before the lumber magnate built a library. Fact is even the brothers want a line up from APB. Real recognize real and APB is an artisan with the clippers. 44 wanted a fade but had to go to Ts instead because cash only and first come first serve. No appointments and no exceptions. Everyone from the senator to HandbookTV agrees with me. 

IMG-2970.gif

On 8/13/2023 at 2:33 PM, strongx said:

The transfer portal would allow Head Coaches more time to buy and sell real estate. Possibly build some houses around town. I imagine HC’s would like that! Why develop young kids when you can develop land?