Springfield (1-0) @ Clarksville (1-0)

Kevin38

On 8/19/2023 at 9:37 AM, pilgrim said:

This will be one of the better games of the week.

It will be the 100th meeting between these two teams. 

Clarksville will have the Home Field advantage and may be the better team, led by a very strong O-line.

But Springfield always plays Clarksville hard, and they have the momentum of winning the last 4 meetings. Coach Shelby is 3 and 6 against the jackets since he's been at CHS, and this is most likely  seen as a must win game for a team that is looking to be seen as a legitimate program.

Clarksville's field is in the best shape I have ever seen it in, and Friday looks to be a hot one with a high of 99.

I recommend Dock 17 restaurant for Jacket's fans looking to grab dinner near-by.

@pilgrim

Have you heard if there is a move to start the game later? 

I can see this being a 14-10 type game….that’s if Springfields defense can slow Cats offense down. I still feel this will be a tough game for the Jackets to win. Both teams started the season playing so-so opponents and one game was way closer than the other…..I don’t know

Edited by brian2000

1 hour ago, brian2000 said:

I can see this being a 14-10 type game….that’s if Springfields defense can slow Cats offense down. I still feel this will be a tough game for the Jackets to win. Both teams started the season playing so-so opponents and one game was way closer than the other…..I don’t know

If we stop the option, we have a puncher’s chance, if we don't stop the option, it could be bad.  Two BIG ifs, IMHO

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 2:05 PM, LEON said:

Can you actually get a physical copy of the Leaf-Chronicle anymore via store etc ?Cant get to download navigating Gannet website is torture, they ruined our hometown newspaper. Really interested in reading article. If you’ve ever read a post of mine you know I’m interested in history and the 100th Anniversary of this game is awesome.

@LEON @JacketLover

Leon i pick a copy of the paper i write for some, MainStreet Clarksville.  They are owned bt the same who own  The Robertson County Connection.  They ran a story on this too this week that i thought you would enjoy.  I will get it to you by way of jacketlover.  @ilovethegame i got you a copy too. 

Edited by TheCommissioner