Greeneville @ DB??

Devils18

On 8/27/2023 at 11:31 AM, FootballFan888 said:

What year did DB win the state football championship? Look at the image and see where most of their wins have been against, those pitiful upper East TN teams, it seems  you’re the delusional one….

IMG-0025.png

You do know that Tennessee at the top was the top program in the country, Oak Ridge was and is a powerhouse. You also discount current records against teams like Montgomery Bell. I travel around and watch sports all over the state, I don't see a difference in the top teams in upper East versus every other area. 

I'm sorry to say it but the Chattanooga area has no say in football. Maybe wrestling but nothing is different there.

Nobody likes the way this one ended but I also understand the factors for the decision.I'm an old school guy but someone who played way back in the fifties told me the best lightning story when it came to the Devils. Back then,men were men as they say and the Devils were practicing with a very tough coach leading them as it poured rain and lightning all around.The old timer said the coach wasn't fazed until a lightning bolt actually hit the field .The coach still spinning his whistle said nothing and just pointed towards the dressing area off the field and the players all ran for their lives,ha. I imagine the coach slowly walked behind them ....Had he been in charge last week, we would have probably seen the end of the game,one way or the other .

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Nobody likes the way this one ended but I also understand the factors for the decision.I'm an old school guy but someone who played way back in the fifties told me the best lightning story when it came to the Devils. Back then,men were men as they say and the Devils were practicing with a very tough coach leading them as it poured rain and lightning all around.The old timer said the coach wasn't fazed until a lightning bolt actually hit the field .The coach still spinning his whistle said nothing and just pointed towards the dressing area off the field and the players all ran for their lives,ha. I imagine the coach slowly walked behind them ....Had he been in charge last week, we would have probably seen the end of the game,one way or the other .

Would this be a LC  story?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 12:40 PM, lumberjackmak said:

You do know that Tennessee at the top was the top program in the country, Oak Ridge was and is a powerhouse. You also discount current records against teams like Montgomery Bell. I travel around and watch sports all over the state, I don't see a difference in the top teams in upper East versus every other area. 

I'm sorry to say it but the Chattanooga area has no say in football. Maybe wrestling but nothing is different there.

Public schools in Chatt area, you are correct. McCallie, Baylor and Boyd Buchanan are good in private league