South Pittsburg at Winchester (Stone Cold vs Tracy the Pro Hayworth)

Southtowner

8 hours ago, Wildcat94 said:

FC is a poverty program. This went about as expected. Now can Moore Co beat FC as well in a few weeks is the question?

Moore Co is no South Pitt BUT should be interesting as I understand that it is MC's homecoming. That adds a little spice. MC doesn't have the depth of SP so I think FC can use their size and athletes to compete. The wildcard is by the time this game rolls around will Moore Co's QB be 100%? Folks on this thread probably get tired of reading about him, but he is the cog that keeps the machine running. As he goes, MC goes. MC wouldn't have beat Fayetteville City last night by 3 TDs if not for QB White. I've been fortunate to see MC win two state runner up finishes and 13 region titles, and he is hands down the best QB the program has seen. (Sorry if that ran a little long)

11 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Moore Co is no South Pitt BUT should be interesting as I understand that it is MC's homecoming. That adds a little spice. MC doesn't have the depth of SP so I think FC can use their size and athletes to compete. The wildcard is by the time this game rolls around will Moore Co's QB be 100%? Folks on this thread probably get tired of reading about him, but he is the cog that keeps the machine running. As he goes, MC goes. MC wouldn't have beat Fayetteville City last night by 3 TDs if not for QB White. I've been fortunate to see MC win two state runner up finishes and 13 region titles, and he is hands down the best QB the program has seen. (Sorry if that ran a little long)

I think SPvsFC probably could have been 3 or 4 scores in favor of pirates tbh. Lord of things to clean up but I’d say MC/FC could be a 1 score game potentially. Also that depends if rebels just fold there season if they can’t get a win or two under them. 

3 minutes ago, LethalAttack said:

I think SPvsFC probably could have been 3 or 4 scores in favor of pirates tbh. Lord of things to clean up but I’d say MC/FC could be a 1 score game potentially. Also that depends if rebels just fold there season if they can’t get a win or two under them. 

Very good point! I think East Hamilton and Tullahoma beat FC, so does a 0-4 FC team put up much of a fight against MC? 

12 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Very good point! I think East Hamilton and Tullahoma beat FC, so does a 0-4 FC team put up much of a fight against MC? 

I truly thank FC iz a lil better Dan dey are being given credit for right now. Juzt my opinion. 

dey may not be a good 5A team but dey got da size and athletes to hang wit or beat most 1A programs. MC will need to bring dey AGame against dis FC team. 

Edited by BigCornbread

8 minutes ago, BigCornbread said:

I truly thank FC iz a lil better Dan dey are being given credit for right now. Juzt my opinion. 

dey may not be a good 5A team but dey got da size and athletes to hang wit or beat most 1A programs. MC will need to bring dey AGame against dis FC team. 

I agree with you. It's a tall order for a team that usually is fortunate if 40 kids come out. White will have to have a big game. 

I don't want to hijack this thread so again congrats to S Pitt. Such an amazing program over the years. Never got to play Pitt in a real game but played in a scrimmage against Pitt & Eddie Moore. It was at S Pitt and as a junior I hung my hat on that 21-20 victory for probably too long. Haha We really admired the program and we're thrilled to say we held our own. Looking forward to seeing S Pitt playing for another gold ball this year. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, team69 said:

A little discipline would help…. Me and the wife are in Townsound and  we drove to Maryville watched their game drove back before 1st qt over for SP..  talk about long game.

Maryville is the most disciplined High School team I’ve ever seen. Knox Central had the Athletes but gets blown out.  Anybody wonder why Maryville has 19 gold balls? Go watch them play! 

I didn't get to make it to the game last night but was able to listen to it. Glad I didn't go since the game lasted so long and I had to work today. Just what you said about discipline was exactly what I was sitting there thinking about last night. Undisciplined teams will hurt themselves for sure. This team needs to be shown the 2007 team and see what an all around great and disciplined team is all about.  This team has the ability to win it all but you can't have a few yappers hurting the whole team. They have got to remember retaliation after a play is going to cost the team, so try to use that brain a little more. But. at the end of the day if it keeps happening we do have coaches that need to take care of the situation. 

7 minutes ago, sportman said:

I didn't get to make it to the game last night but was able to listen to it. Glad I didn't go since the game lasted so long and I had to work today. Just what you said about discipline was exactly what I was sitting there thinking about last night. Undisciplined teams will hurt themselves for sure. This team needs to be shown the 2007 team and see what an all around great and disciplined team is all about.  This team has the ability to win it all but you can't have a few yappers hurting the whole team. They have got to remember retaliation after a play is going to cost the team, so try to use that brain a little more. But. at the end of the day if it keeps happening we do have coaches that need to take care of the situation. 

Yep…. Hardest thing to do is controlling your emotions….I still have a hard time with it …lol

Proud of these coaches and what they do especially keeping a stable full of athletes in check. I mentioned earlier that pointing at the scoreboard was the best form of retaliation…. Shows you what I know because according to the radio it got em 15 yds last nite lol

14 minutes ago, team69 said:

Yep…. Hardest thing to do is controlling your emotions….I still have a hard time with it …lol

Proud of these coaches and what they do especially keeping a stable full of athletes in check. I mentioned earlier that pointing at the scoreboard was the best form of retaliation…. Shows you what I know because according to the radio it got em 15 yds last nite lol

You are right and some refs want to try and be such a big man out there and think there God's gift to the TSSAA. Bunch of wannabe college refs. I know we have a shortage, but come on, let the kids play. You could call holding on every play. But, I know we say it because we're from SP, but most refs don't like us to begin with.  I know a few other teams can say the same thing. 

I get it!! The “ other “ and or the Tefs may make you mad but THAT IS NO EXCUSE!!!!!!! You do NOT swing!! I saw several Pirates swing and not get a Flag and I could care less what FC did to provoke it!! You don’t respond with a Punch! No excuses!!!! None!!! Danny Wilson would have sat them on the Bench and ran them for 3 Days! I think the world of Wes but when you have a 39 yard penalty for swinging and taunting while meanwhile 2 or 3 is Dancing in the Sideline at the same time is out of Hand! The first 2 Games I have seen maybe 6-10 punch’s thrown my the Pirates and yes I’ve seen it from the 2 Opponents it that’s still NO excuse! This could be a record setting Pirate Team but until they get their attitude in check it means nothing!! If anyone thinks it’s ok or finds a excuse for anyone throwing a Punch don’t have 1 ounce of Old School in them!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Geno said:

I get it!! The “ other “ and or the Tefs may make you mad but THAT IS NO EXCUSE!!!!!!! You do NOT swing!! I saw several Pirates swing and not get a Flag and I could care less what FC did to provoke it!! You don’t respond with a Punch! No excuses!!!! None!!! Danny Wilson would have sat them on the Bench and ran them for 3 Days! I think the world of Wes but when you have a 39 yard penalty for swinging and taunting while meanwhile 2 or 3 is Dancing in the Sideline at the same time is out of Hand! The first 2 Games I have seen maybe 6-10 punch’s thrown my the Pirates and yes I’ve seen it from the 2 Opponents it that’s still NO excuse! This could be a record setting Pirate Team but until they get their attitude in check it means nothing!! If anyone thinks it’s ok or finds a excuse for anyone throwing a Punch don’t have 1 ounce of Old School in them!

Amen Geno!!!

Some just don’t like it when they are getting that #### whipped. Would you sit there and let someone degrade you and not shove back ? SP had done it for years whipping that #### and the other team get pissed off. You got to defend your self. There was a fight with Sequatchie early 2000’s then there was the central fight in 2010 those were swinging punches not last night lol.