oakland at center grove, IN

theawesomebro

On 8/28/2023 at 8:35 AM, SweetScience said:

Really we’re all more alike than we think or want to believe we are, and that goes for everyone of all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds. When I was in the Navy, my 2 best friends were a Puerto Rican guy and a Mexican guy. They both had the exact same traditional values I was brought up with. But really, you can even find common ground with anyone, even if they don’t believe the same as you a lot of times. We all want the same things, for the most part, we just have a different means of getting there. People (I guess it’s in our nature) always search for differences, and we never spend any time at all searching for common ground. Sorry for waxing philosophical, but reading those comments made me think about that stuff.

What are all the same THINGS we all want. Qualified by most of the time.

On 8/26/2023 at 8:32 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I was watching the same game as the coaches I talk to saw. Despite all that, proud of the way Oakland kept fighting and I think it will make them better in the long run. If there are teams capable of beating Center Grove in TN, it's a very short list

Center Grove would not sign two way contract with Oakland. They are very senior heavy and Oakland has very deep junior class. Center Grove only wanted Oakland to travel and play in friendly environment. Oakland will be Oakland for rest of season.

2 hours ago, BobbyB said:

Center Grove would not sign two way contract with Oakland. They are very senior heavy and Oakland has very deep junior class. Center Grove only wanted Oakland to travel and play in friendly environment. Oakland will be Oakland for rest of season.

I think that's just the way they schedule. Oakland might be the 5th best team CG plays this year. I wouldn't be against Oakland traveling there next yr as well if they can't find something closer. Whether or not Oakland repeats, CG will be the best team they play all year

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

I think that's just the way they schedule. Oakland might be the 5th best team CG plays this year. I wouldn't be against Oakland traveling there next yr as well if they can't find something closer. Whether or not Oakland repeats, CG will be the best team they play all year

I'd rather see Oakland vs LA at neutral site( Vanderbilt or Ingrams soccer stadium).

11 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

I'd rather see Oakland vs LA at neutral site( Vanderbilt or Ingrams soccer stadium).

You must have been talking to @theawesomebro. I've always had Pearl-Cohn and Alcoa on my wishlist, one day hopefully it happens. Nothing against LA but I'd like to see Oakland play other great public schools, but the idea of losing to Mawae doesn't bother me as much. Would be interesting to see a football game at Geodis, but the parking situation there is awful

Edited by MidTennFootball

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

You must have been talking to @theawesomebro. I've always had Pearl-Cohn and Alcoa on my wishlist, one day hopefully it happens. Nothing against LA but I'd like to see Oakland play other great public schools, but the idea of losing to Mawae doesn't bother me as much. Would be interesting to see a football game at Geodis, but the parking situation there is awful

haha!  no way did he get that from me!  if and when we play again, you guys owe us a home game.  : ). 

10 hours ago, jhawk23 said:

The biggest difference so far seems to be inexperience at the QB position, but I do think Center Grove had a lot to do with the QB struggles last week. But I figured there would be some growing pains there. Kade Hewitt was very good in Oakland's system. Will be interesting to see how the QB position looks going forward with Kyler Creasy on the shelf for several weeks. I would expect Creasy to run more wildcat going forward, they started having a little success with that against Center Grove.

I would agree about Kade, he was one tough and talented player.