Powell at Farragut Week 2

FHS_Admiral

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Not sure if I've seen the official announcement yet, but kickoff has been moved to 8pm due to the temperature/heat index forecast.

I think everybody needs to move the kickoff time back to 8 PM. Its too hot at 7. I remember back in the 60s 70s and 80s, all games started at 8 PM.  Then in the 90s 7:30 kickoffs started showing up, now 7 PM kickoffs. Given that school and the football season starts in mid hot August now, I think 8 PM is better. Then once cooler weather and earlier dark hours start, they can revert to 7 or 7:30.

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen Farragut, but they pulled out a nice win against DB. Powell is big and chunky up front and can run the ball, they got a couple of breaks against AC and turned them into scores. Powell does miss last years receivers and quarterback, so I think they need to control the ball over at Fox Den and keep the Admiral offense off the field or the wine and cheese could flow after an upset win...........but I think Powell by 21-10

5 hours ago, PostingGawd39 said:

Anderson County turned the ball over 5 times I read. Is that accurate? Seems like Powell should have won by much more than 14. Give me Farragut 28-20

I think I counted 4 too. But I feel that score could have been worse due to turnovers. But AC did show a good containment on defense and the offense were moving the ball but the QB keeper on 4th stopped the Mavs but I believe he got it but that's just my opinion. 

Not too familiar with Farragut but AC started off good against Powell. I think most teams, like AC, will game plan around Soles offensively. Get the ball out quick and run away from him. Was impressed by #7 cornerback for Powell. #7 combined with the pressure Powell brings can cause some turnovers but can see the secondary being exposed.