Sumner County stadium issues

MJGOLDENBEARS

3 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

They aren't done with upgrades yet. They got it ready enough to play games this year, then more to come. We'll see what's to come with the home side, but I think it is still a pretty cool venue and it's still the largest stadium in the county. and most others as well. & Away restrooms are pretty nice i'd say. Brand new building & air conditioned. 

They have definitely made improvements. I didn’t realize that they weren’t done. I’ll hold off anymore judgement until then..

It has always been a cool venue, but I think it has potential to be something really, really special if they want it to be.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tandem said:

Temp bleachers were being unloaded off trucks at Shackle Island Stadium when a school board member stepped in and said they hadn't been approved.  Bleachers were loaded up and taken away.  Not sure if or when Beech will get temporary bleachers for games this year.

Wow, got a love a school board member with an agenda, like to know name of that member. I bet Dr. Phillipps is enjoying his buyout:roflol:

Can people get off of their political agendas long enough for us all to have safe and functional facilities? It’s really not that difficult. Beech would have had bleachers set up by this weekend and ready to play the rest of their home games… AT HOME.

Come on Sumner County, just do the right thing. 

Sumner school board didn’t approve the temp stands ? That’s a joke but we’ll see. Saw today HHS has three new temp bleachers. Someone said they seat 800. Should be okay this week vs CNE 

next week vs Brentwood. Maybe home field advantage? 

interesting overall hope we all figure out this stadium thing 

Edited by BarnBurner09

30 minutes ago, eers said:

Can people get off of their political agendas long enough for us all to have safe and functional facilities? It’s really not that difficult. Beech would have had bleachers set up by this weekend and ready to play the rest of their home games… AT HOME.

Come on Sumner County, just do the right thing. 

I always will lean to the side of saftey but the inspectors all want new stands and no one wants to offer a now opinion. I saw HHS has three new temp bleachers for away fans

hate it had to all be found out start of season. But also glad for saftey no one got hurt. 

there will be a middle ground coming 

7 minutes ago, BarnBurner09 said:

I always will lean to the side of saftey but the inspectors all want new stands and no one wants to offer a now opinion. I saw HHS has three new temp bleachers for away fans

hate it had to all be found out start of season. But also glad for saftey no one got hurt. 

there will be a middle ground coming 

I 100% agree on not using the stands. My issue is Hendersonville has temporary bleachers set up, but Beech was instructed they couldn’t. The bleachers were delivered yesterday and they were told to take them away. Not sure why. 

21 hours ago, eers said:

I 100% agree on not using the stands. My issue is Hendersonville has temporary bleachers set up, but Beech was instructed they couldn’t. The bleachers were delivered yesterday and they were told to take them away. Not sure why. 

Any update? Seems beech has room on the away side for at least temp bleachers. 

that’s strange 

I read a board member’s explanation, but I still think it’s political nonsense. It’s appears for the first time in many many years the director of schools was trying to get something done for the kids and the political wheels started rolling to shut it down until they have a meeting next week. We shall see…

10 hours ago, eers said:

I read a board member’s explanation, but I still think it’s political nonsense. It’s appears for the first time in many many years the director of schools was trying to get something done for the kids and the political wheels started rolling to shut it down until they have a meeting next week. We shall see…

Politics????  In Sumner County????? Say it ain't so