Tha boyz frum 825 travull two Boo and tha Bares

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Is it the coaching staff not developing kids or has the talent pool dried up...not trolling when I ask bc I still consider Maryville to be the standard of programs and culture to be successful in high school football.

Replacing 17 starters is a hard thing to do. May be a long season for us but losing our key player and will hurt us a lot this year. This team can get us there but need LaDue to get us over the top. Unbelivable that happened.

2 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Is it the coaching staff not developing kids or has the talent pool dried up...not trolling when I ask bc I still consider Maryville to be the standard of programs and culture to be successful in high school football.

It's generally the same coaching staff and the same pool of kids. Historically, maryville is not loaded with D1 talent - recently it's been 1-2 per year. The rest is high expectations, hard work, and good coaching. Both last year and this year, the D1 RBs get injured. That definitely hurts, but not sure it mattered last night. IMO #6 for BC was the difference maker, not injuries on the murvil side. If 6 is wearing red/black, that game isn't close. Sometimes talent beats expectations, hard work, and coaching.

Murvil will have to decide if it wants to join the crowd and hire their own difference makers or not. Us old hats don't like the idea of paying players, but it will be interesting to see which is disliked more...paying for difference makers or changing the definition of success. Personally, I'm still deciding.

The murvil kids played hard and fought back. Most of those kids are new starters and about half are young guys, The future is definitely a little brighter than the present, but ups and downs are a part of all sports. The road will continue to get tougher for these kids moving forward, and they will continue to get better. What a great opportunity! 

27 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Replacing 17 starters is a hard thing to do. May be a long season for us but losing our key player and will hurt us a lot this year. This team can get us there but need LaDue to get us over the top. Unbelivable that happened.

And evurdodee iz fergittin' no Heckman laist nite ethur.....Missin' a D-1 6'6 300 lb. linemun herts......And if'un hit giits two hot this necks weak.....:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

23 minutes ago, strongx said:

It's generally the same coaching staff and the same pool of kids. Historically, maryville is not loaded with D1 talent - recently it's been 1-2 per year. The rest is high expectations, hard work, and good coaching. Both last year and this year, the D1 RBs get injured. That definitely hurts, but not sure it mattered last night. IMO #6 for BC was the difference maker, not injuries on the murvil side. If 6 is wearing red/black, that game isn't close. Sometimes talent beats expectations, hard work, and coaching.

Murvil will have to decide if it wants to join the crowd and hire their own difference makers or not. Us old hats don't like the idea of paying players, but it will be interesting to see which is disliked more...paying for difference makers or changing the definition of success. Personally, I'm still deciding.

The murvil kids played hard and fought back. Most of those kids are new starters and about half are young guys, The future is definitely a little brighter than the present, but ups and downs are a part of all sports. The road will continue to get tougher for these kids moving forward, and they will continue to get better. What a great opportunity! 

Goodur commints sx....

Eye gess tha old garbige servuss (wif compleemintree Christmas Day pick-up) jist aint goodur enuff ennymoore.....

And yes......we haiv gott two git sum like #6 inn red and blaick....

SNB Recrootin' and Garbige Servuss......and  Inn Eye El.... (IEE)....???.....:popcorneater:

Eye am willin'......We jist knead evurbodee onn tha saim paige.....imo

:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

8 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Goodur commints sx....

Eye gess tha old garbige servuss (wif compleemintree Christmas Day pick-up) jist aint goodur enuff ennymoore.....

And yes......we haiv gott two git sum like #6 inn red and blaick....

SNB Recrootin' and Garbige Servuss......and  Inn Eye El.... (IEE)....???.....:popcorneater:

Eye am willin'......We jist knead evurbodee onn tha saim paige.....imo

:popcorneater:

The biggest potential problem I see is that murvil wont do it half heartedly. It will strive to be the best it can. I worry what that looks like. It makes me think of cousin Angus' song Highway to heck. I guess it would be fun getting there!

BTW - there's still value in the Christmas Day garbage service. Maybe we just need to adjust the advertising approach.

5 minutes ago, strongx said:

The biggest potential problem I see is that murvil wont do it half heartedly. It will strive to be the best it can. I worry what that looks like. It makes me think of cousin Angus' song Highway to heck. I guess it would be fun getting there!

BTW - there's still value in the Christmas Day garbage service. Maybe we just need to adjust the advertising approach.

sx goodur commints.....If'un thay weal git az sirrius wif tha (IEE) az tha dew tha 3rd graid Tea Caps.....weal bee cookin' wif greese...:popcorneater:

4 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Mostly a loss of players. Coaching is great. Next year will be better and better. JV is great but our varsity is suffering right now