Upperman vs Macon Co

crow6424

3 hours ago, Alumn89 said:

I'm not, unfortunately . I'm getting to old to try and find a seat on the visitors side and I just can't bring myself to sit on the home side, ha.      Plus, the UCR guys have made it too easy for me to watch the games now so I'll just sit back in my recliner. 

I respect what sparta has going on.  I know its a "new" coach but it sure seems like he's picked up, culture wise, where it was left off. QB is a dog.   I think the obvious thing CHS has to do is try to make them beat us through the air (and i'm sure he can throw it around some).     Sparta's Defense is salty too.    I'm interested to see if the Cavs can move the ball on the ground. 

That said, I still think its upperman looking down at everyone else.  Maybe Macon co can shock us tonight, we'll see. 

Preseason, Macon was the pick to win the district. They have a quality team. Either teams wins, it won't be a huge upset. #7 needs to go off for Macon to win. But he can. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

I said nothing about who it benefits, just pointing that most school systems have open zoning so pounding the podium about who's zoned where is irrelevant 

Cookeville is the 25th biggest city in Tenn. Upperman does draw from cookeville zip code kids in county, mostly west Putnam County.  Yes, there is an advantage. But also disadvantages. Other decent programs in county to transfer to for playing time or being at odds with a coach. Happens alot. For example, at Dekalb, you play for Trapp, or you don't play. Same as in Overton County.  And there are more sports and travel teams in this county, that pull kids in another direction.  Most area schools dont have wrestling, lacrosse, and bowling teams. 

You build a quality program and win, you will get the players. And you will maximize all the talent walking the halls. You can't have 480 boys walking the halls, 42 playing football, and cry about another school pulling 2-3 kids. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan
Spell
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Cookeville is the 25th biggest city in Tenn. Upperman does draw from cookeville zip code kids in county, mostly west Putnam County.  Yes, there is an advantage. But also disadvantages. Other decent programs in county to transfer to for playing time or being at odds with a coach. Happens alot. For example, at Dekalb, you play for Trapp, or you don't play. Same as in Overton County.  And there are more sports and travel teams in this county, that pull kids in another direction.  Most area schools dont have wrestling, lacrosse, abd bowling teams. 

You build a quality program and win, you will get the players. And you will maximize all the talent walking the halls. You can't have 480 boys walking the halls, 42 playing football, and cry about another school pulling 2-3 kids. 

Agreed on all counts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Preseason, Macon was the pick to win the district. They have a quality team. Either teams wins, it won't be a huge upset. #7 needs to go off for Macon to win. But he can. 

Fair point.  I didn't choose my words carefully.  It wouldn't be a "shock" for Macon county to win this game... it would just surprise me based solely on how upperman has looked through 2 weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Aren’t you the one that complains about Chattanooga and Memphis basketball teams loading up on players. What’s the difference here? 

Where are the illegal transfers on Upperman’s team?  Name one… actually name A single transfer on this team. 

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Like 1