Crockett vs Huntingdon

Cavaliers9814

6 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Tell me about the Cavalier's. How strong is your passing game. We get the ball thrown over our heads with regularity. Mustang defense pretty good against the run, really run to the ball well. We're going to run it at you so how's your run defense. Looking forward to this matchup. Type of game we enjoy.

You get on every social media platform there is dogging out Huntingdons pass defense and praising their”great” run offense. Every single year for the last 15 years Huntingdon has lost the last game of the season because of their run offense not their pass defense.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, horse said:

You get on every social media platform there is dogging out Huntingdons pass defense and praising their”great” run offense. Every single year for the last 15 years Huntingdon has lost the last game of the season because of their run offense not their pass defense.  

I agree. The pass defense hasn’t looked bad the past 2 games. 2 or 3 interceptions against Adamsville and they closed in fast and caused as least turnover after a catch against CA

3 minutes ago, Waker said:

I agree. The pass defense hasn’t looked bad the past 2 games. 2 or 3 interceptions against Adamsville and they closed in fast and caused as least turnover after a catch against CA

In my experience the Stanks are at their best in pass defense when they dominate the line of scrimmage and get pressure on the quarterback. They were very good at this and do not give the quarterback much time to throw. I don’t know that your secondary is the best in the world but the pressure from your front seven makes up for it. 

37 minutes ago, Waker said:

How many great defensive backfields have you ever seen without a dominant front?You can only cover a receiver for so long.  

3 hours ago, Waker said:

It didn’t look bad the first game. 70% of their passing yards came on a 5 yard pass with a broken tackle.  

2 hours ago, horse said:

How many great defensive backfields have you ever seen without a dominant front?You can only cover a receiver for so long.  

10 minutes ago, horse said:

It didn’t look bad the first game. 70% of their passing yards came on a 5 yard pass with a broken tackle.  

I think you are getting soft. You almost sound optimistic. I like this new horse.

18 hours ago, horse said:

Mustang pass defense has been erratic for the last 15 years. We do OK on short and intermediate stuff but we've been weak against the bomb. Do way to much running and chasing. We've had receivers running loose deep on us all year.

Huntingdon loses in the playoffs every year for 1 reason and 1 reason alone. Coaching. They get out coached every year. That great run offense is great during the regular season and will win you 8 9 and 10 games a year but it's a terrible offense if they ever get down by a couple scores. It's not built to score quick and catch up. There should be multiple gold balls in their trophy case but they fail to adjust in crunch time games

5 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustang pass defense has been erratic for the last 15 years. We do OK on short and intermediate stuff but we've been weak against the bomb. Do way to much running and chasing. We've had receivers running loose deep on us all year.

Name the last good defense not great defense but good defense that this great running offense you’re so high on has beat in the last 15 years.