Eagleton Academy wins first varsity game.

BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Before this team starts to be effective they'll be in 3A would be my opinion. Eagleton really is just a community outside the city limits. The one I feel sorry for is Heritage. They are like a team that has been in the hospital for 30 years sometimes doing fine enough to leave but most of the time not. Now since Eagleton is on board it's like them asking Heritage if they can have one of their kidney's and a bone marrow transplant if that wouldn't be to much of a problem.

49 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

After talking to a few from that program they have no intention of being in 3A with Alcoa.They will live in 2A unless something "else" changes.lol

Don't know if it's fact or not but at the LL baseball game fri another guy who had ties to area schools said Ridge is trying to start a high school program at the SES school at Everett???You heard anything to that?

Our broadcast crew was interviewing a guy from Eagleton before our game and asking about how the school came to be and the mascot history ya know that sort of thing. They specifically asked him how big they intended to grow the school and he came out and said they intended to stay at or below 415-420 students. There was no hesitation or “well I’d say about” in the answer it was an immediate and decisive response that sounded like that number had been discussed before so I’d say the chances of them going to 3A are slim. They will be a public version of GCA in a year or two IMO. 

Edited by crow

57 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

After talking to a few from that program they have no intention of being in 3A with Alcoa.They will live in 2A unless something "else" changes.lol

Don't know if it's fact or not but at the LL baseball game fri another guy who had ties to area schools said Ridge is trying to start a high school program at the SES school at Everett???You heard anything to that?

That's a Broadway Barber Shop question. Go get a haircut $12 cash and questions will be addressed as your hair is being cut.

18 minutes ago, crow said:

Our broadcast crew was interviewing a guy from Eagleton before our game and asking about how the school came to be and the mascot history ya know that sort of thing. They specifically asked him how big they intended to grow the school and he came out and said they intended to stay at or below 415-420 students. There was no hesitation or “well I’d say about” in the answer it was an immediate and decisive response that sounded like that number had been discussed before so I’d say the chances of them going to 3A are slim. They will be a public version of GCA in a year or two IMO. 

Yep!!!

22 minutes ago, crow said:

Blount County County is run by a retired fireman not a real businessman. His only anwser to any big issues that go on here is bring more hose.

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

I've heard Alcoee will be 4A soon.

Also Eagleton is "locked" in at 105 students per class.  420.  

Can you turn students away?  

A little over a 100 per grade will be all the school can physically hold, that is over 700 kids in the school total with it being 6-12. With the new construction there is nowhere on the campus to put trailers like has been done at Heritage and William blount in years past. My guess is that if they were to get over capacity a rezoning would take place sending kids in the Eagleton zone back to Heritage. 

14 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I wouldn't say I'm scoring watching, I'm just concluding if they had trouble with a team Eagleton beat, then I think Eagleton would stand a good chance of beating them.  Do you think west greene could beat Happy Valley, just judging based off what I've seen I'm not sure they could. I'm not trying to be rude either, this is just the most down I think I've seen Ne tennessee  outside of Betsy and Jeff co.

West greene could beat hv because hv is not good offensively.  It would be a 7-6 type of game.  Cloudland has a bunch of linemen and fullback. They have no team speed which means a lot of 13 play drives that have to produce or they're in trouble.  And it's not that they're bad defensively but they struggle with athletes in space because they don't have the speed to get to the ball.  It'll be a few seasons before we see cland a contender again 

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Why in the world would Ridge do that since he’s coaching at Eagleton?