Carter County Week 4

creekerballer

Not been a lot of chatter, but let’s try this again. How are the Carter County schools feeling heading into week 4?

Hampton - heading to Cumberland Gap after a lopsided win over Happy Valley. I’d expect much more of the same here. Hampton by as many as they want. 

Cloudland - bye week. Cloudland still looks to be the favorite in Region 1A. How are you all doing health wise, I think that’s the only thing that can possibly prevent you from taking the region. 

Unaka - heading to Jellico after the first win of the year 38-14 over region opponent Cosby. Big game for both teams, the winner of this one is likely the only one with any chance of being able to challenge the Landers. Jellico is 3-1 (one win by forfeit) they haven’t scored more than 14 and also haven’t given up more than 14 in a game. If Unaka can keep its offense going there might be a chance, long bus ride up there for a game on the road though. 

Happy Valley - The Warriors get Eagleton Academy at home coming off of Eagletons first win. How do the Warriors fare in their second region matchup? 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, creekerballer said:

Not been a lot of chatter, but let’s try this again. How are the Carter County schools feeling heading into week 4?

Hampton - heading to Cumberland Gap after a lopsided win over Happy Valley. I’d expect much more of the same here. Hampton by as many as they want. 

Cloudland - bye week. Cloudland still looks to be the favorite in Region 1A. How are you all doing health wise, I think that’s the only thing that can possibly prevent you from taking the region. 

Unaka - heading to Jellico after the first win of the year 38-14 over region opponent Cosby. Big game for both teams, the winner of this one is likely the only one with any chance of being able to challenge the Landers. Jellico is 3-1 (one win by forfeit) they haven’t scored more than 14 and also haven’t given up more than 14 in a game. If Unaka can keep its offense going there might be a chance, long bus ride up there for a game on the road though. 

Happy Valley - The Warriors get Eagleton Academy at home coming off of Eagletons first win. How do the Warriors fare in their second region matchup? 

Jellico is better than what people might think. They lost to oakdale 14-13 who was down 27-26 with Oliver springs until really late in the 4th. Jellico skill guys are pretty tough and their team speed is much improved from previous years. Should be a fun game if Unaka can get off the field on defense. 

3 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Jellico is better than what people might think. They lost to oakdale 14-13 who was down 27-26 with Oliver springs until really late in the 4th. Jellico skill guys are pretty tough and their team speed is much improved from previous years. Should be a fun game if Unaka can get off the field on defense. 

I agree, pulling for the Rangers obviously, but I’d give Jellico and edge at home especially. Unaka will need to play their best game of the year thus far. 

4 hours ago, creekerballer said:

Hampton BIG, Jellico, Happy Valley in a close one. 

5 hours ago, creekerballer said:

Good job with the breakdown. 

35 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I think Eagleton is starting to settle down now.This will be a good game.Close tho either way.Im leaning to Eagleton,I really like that QB if he was at an established team he would be an All State player.

QB is good and 55 is a player on both sides of the ball, HV d will be tough, scoring is big concern. Look for a low scoring game.