FORREST AT CASCADE 2023: The Battle for 3rd in R4 2A

GeneralForrest

23 minutes ago, cascadehomer said:

Your team won the game, so I find it a confusing that you feel the need to lie… We actually accumulated a lot of yards -with a bunch of players in new positions, it would be a much different ballgame at this point in the season now that players have settled into their new roles— your guys were already settled in to their roles, I doubt that you have improved at all from the first game… Cascade has closed the gap… And next year, without number six, you’ll be in big trouble! :-) 

Dude why don’t you just wish for 4th place in your Region ….at best that’s all ya can hope and wish for ….Good luck and best wishes….Go Rockets!!! 

3 hours ago, Salem said:

Region is still up for grabs in spite of Marion's great start. If Forrest's OC has figured out what to do when the opponent puts 10 men in the box we will be fine. 

Keep the faith Salem.

General has the title thread as battle for 3rd.   

If I were Coach and undefeated in region play & someone said I was battling for 3rd, why,  I'd charge that someone double admission.  

I might even go as far as putting a lil miralax in their nacho cheese sauce.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Keep the faith Salem.

General has the title thread as battle for 3rd.   

If I were Coach and undefeated in region play & someone said I was battling for 3rd, why,  I'd charge that someone double admission.  

I might even go as far as putting a lil miralax in their nacho cheese sauce.  

Thanks for your steady, unwavering support, ST!

Won't know for a few weeks how good or bad we actually are. Our first five games were cake. Cascade may be the weakest team left on our schedule and they handily beat Watertown who was the best team in our first five games. We still have offensive shortcomings being masked by an explosive freshman and a solid defense. 

coach eli should let the team know before fayetteville that it will be his last game, and they should promote johnson and russell from the middle school staff to do exactly what they have done for the middle school program. those kids all played for him/them. i think there is love and respect there

Edited by GeneralForrest

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

i think forrest will lose close games to cascade and fayetteville, and decisive losses to marion and moore. they will win a nailbiter at gordonsville and finish 5-5. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

coach eli should let the team know before fayetteville that it will be his last game, and they should promote johnson and russell from the middle school staff to do exactly what they have done for the middle school program. those kids all played for him/them. i think there is love and respect there

I didn't want to be the party pooper General,  but,  if yall can't win this one, or maybe better said, if yall don't win this one,  I think you don't win another game. 

I know you've been wanting change.  And sometimes change is the only good option.

Good luck.

I'm hoping yall continue winning.

The Jasper game is an open date for us.  

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

i think forrest will lose close games to cascade and fayetteville, and decisive losses to marion and moore. they will win a nailbiter at gordonsville and finish 5-5. 

That would be a #4 seed (unless Cannon pulls an upset), a first round playoff loss, a 5-6 season, and a new coach? 

In my eyes Forrest should win At Cascade, Gordonsville, and Fayetteville while giving Marion and Moore all they want at home. But like Southtowner I believe our next loss may start a losing streak that closes the season. So my prediction is somewhere between 4-6 and 9-1. :)

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

The Jasper game is an open date for us.  

Should we take care of business and be 5-2 or 6-1, I will extend a formal invite to the game or at least a link to the stream.

15 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

This Custer-like decision making is why The General welcomed you into his circle

The honor is all mine to sit in such an esteemed circle. History will prove my astute prediction much more accurate than George's.

"There are not enough Indians in the World to defeat the 7th Calvary." -George A. Custer

If Coach Eli, and his defenders want him to be retained, he HAS to win a game like this.

• They embarrassed you like a rented mule on your home field last year.
  • 49-0 and the kids had quit in the first half
  • Before any Karens try to stupidly attack me for opining that, when kids quit, I blame the coach for creating a miserable/non winning environment- winning teams have a great time, and losing teams have a terrible time- with virtually zero exceptions. 

Now, you have 12 settling in at QB, 2, 3, 4, 6, 22 ,25 are contributing skill guys. 6 and 22 are team leads and exceptional. 

You have #1. Fastest Rocket in a generation who does not shy away form contact. In fact, he seems to crave it. GET HIM IN OPEN SPACE AND LET HIM WORK. He needs 20-25 touches tonight. 

BEAT these guys. and I might start to entertain the idea of Coach Eli growing into the job and learning how to help kids enjoy the game, and using his best players to win games. 

It might be unfair to place so much importance on this game. I get it if that's your take.

But every decision hinges on a handful of key pieces of evidence.

The Watertown game was same ole same ole.

Since then, we won a slobber knocker with Cornersville, did what everyone does to Community, and actually looked our best vs WHH, who, despite folks' poo pooing them AFTER the game, were expected to give us a run, and maybe even win. We beat them decisively. 

So SHOW ME.

Show me what you and these kids can do tonight.

There is NO REASON not to be up for this game in a HUGE way.

Regional foe down the road. Tons of history. Many friendships between the kids and parents of the opposing schools.

They rubbed your face in the excrement and made you like it last year. 

PRIDE.

BACKBONE.

SELF-RESPECT. This game is all about those.

I am asking for a 1 point victory. Weather is gonna be perfect.   

So. LET'S. GO. ROCKETS.