FORREST AT CASCADE 2023: The Battle for 3rd in R4 2A

GeneralForrest

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

If Coach Eli, and his defenders want him to be retained, he HAS to win a game like this.

• They embarrassed you like a rented mule on your home field last year.
  • 49-0 and the kids had quit in the first half
  • Before any Karens try to stupidly attack me for opining that, when kids quit, I blame the coach for creating a miserable/non winning environment- winning teams have a great time, and losing teams have a terrible time- with virtually zero exceptions. 

Now, you have 12 settling in at QB, 2, 3, 4, 6, 22 ,25 are contributing skill guys. 6 and 22 are team leads and exceptional. 

You have #1. Fastest Rocket in a generation who does not shy away form contact. In fact, he seems to crave it. GET HIM IN OPEN SPACE AND LET HIM WORK. He needs 20-25 touches tonight. 

BEAT these guys. and I might start to entertain the idea of Coach Eli growing into the job and learning how to help kids enjoy the game, and using his best players to win games. 

It might be unfair to place so much importance on this game. I get it if that's your take.

But every decision hinges on a handful of key pieces of evidence.

The Watertown game was same ole same ole.

Since then, we won a slobber knocker with Cornersville, did what everyone does to Community, and actually looked our best vs WHH, who, despite folks' poo pooing them AFTER the game, were expected to give us a run, and maybe even win. We beat them decisively. 

So SHOW ME.

Show me what you and these kids can do tonight.

There is NO REASON not to be up for this game in a HUGE way.

Regional foe down the road. Tons of history. Many friendships between the kids and parents of the opposing schools.

They rubbed your face in the excrement and made you like it last year. 

PRIDE.

BACKBONE.

SELF-RESPECT. This game is all about those.

I am asking for a 1 point victory. Weather is gonna be perfect.   

So. LET'S. GO. ROCKETS. 

Devils advocate here: a one point Forrest victory would be a 50 point turnaround from last season’s game, that’s a big ask! 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

If Coach Eli, and his defenders want him to be retained, he HAS to win a game like this.

:::So. LET'S. GO. ROCKETS. 

Thanks for the lengthy pregame expose'. I'm still struggling with one handed typing but agree with the sentiment. It's bigggest game in coach's career. 

Cascade must be Latin for inconsistent. Hard to gauge a team that gets thumped by Moore in their much-hyped home opener, handled easily by a so-so Richland, and struggles to beat a hapless Huntland at home, but out-physicals a physical Watertown bunch. 

WHHHS was a one man show and that man didn't play against us. Don't think any of our first 5 opponents will finish with a winning record so all 4-1 records aren't equal. 

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

Thanks for the lengthy pregame expose'. I'm still struggling with one handed typing but agree with the sentiment. It's bigggest game in coach's career. 

Cascade must be Latin for inconsistent. Hard to gauge a team that gets thumped by Moore in their much-hyped home opener, handled easily by a so-so Richland, and struggles to beat a hapless Huntland at home, but out-physicals a physical Watertown bunch. 

WHHHS was a one man show and that man didn't play against us. Don't think any of our first 5 opponents will finish with a winning record so all 4-1 records aren't equal. 

It’s not the same team, coaches are pushing all of the right buttons, we would beat Richland by three touchdowns in a rematch at this point… although we lost very few seniors, they were in important positions, and it has taken a little time to get things just right…

1 hour ago, cascadehomer said:

It’s not the same team, coaches are pushing all of the right buttons, we would beat Richland by three touchdowns in a rematch at this point… although we lost very few seniors, they were in important positions, and it has taken a little time to get things just right…

Here's a flashback to July. No mention then of Operation Sizemore taking until September to start dominating. The Moore County thread is equally entertaining and full of hot air. 

CASCADEHOMER declares: 

"Cascade dominates the State of Alabama 

Great showing at the marquee event to say the least… Seasoned Head Coach was overheard saying that this was the best team that he’s ever had… Because of the strength solution, cascade won the tug-of-war contest, even without fielding their largest players, possibly gave up 1000 pounds and still pulled the opposition into the pit…

It’s a Senior dominated team with size and strength and just enough speed mixed in—the new Qb was solid at camp, the OC made great calls, and big strong receivers made every catch…Cascade is looking to spread you out and get the ball to a playmaker while still being able to run it down your throat-kid named LoganMorton is built like a tank-expecting him to pull like a mofo and the size/strength of the two 330lbs of Big Joe and LantzofSpades is gonna make new RB DoWell a 1st down machine—I could be wrong but I’m not…"

17 minutes ago, Salem said:

Here's a flashback to July. No mention then of Operation Sizemore taking until September to start dominating. The Moore County thread is equally entertaining and full of hot air. 

CASCADEHOMER declares: 

"Cascade dominates the State of Alabama 

Great showing at the marquee event to say the least… Seasoned Head Coach was overheard saying that this was the best team that he’s ever had… Because of the strength solution, cascade won the tug-of-war contest, even without fielding their largest players, possibly gave up 1000 pounds and still pulled the opposition into the pit…

It’s a Senior dominated team with size and strength and just enough speed mixed in—the new Qb was solid at camp, the OC made great calls, and big strong receivers made every catch…Cascade is looking to spread you out and get the ball to a playmaker while still being able to run it down your throat-kid named LoganMorton is built like a tank-expecting him to pull like a mofo and the size/strength of the two 330lbs of Big Joe and LantzofSpades is gonna make new RB DoWell a 1st down machine—I could be wrong but I’m not…"

As was previously stated, there was some tampering to the solution, a lawsuit was filed, arrests were made…Also, this is the hottest climate to ever experiment with this concoction, for our zone, it turns out, the boys were grown too soon…All of that is in the past, and the solution is now working as expected…          
Re-read my Summer post after you watch the game tonight and see if how I sized things up matches the current product…

Furthermore, CascadeHomer was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has no formal training in journalism… Homer has been walking these hardened streets, going door-to-door, working the beat- as they say in the business, to bring you the inside scoop… I am learning which sources I can trust.

(and I never mentioned it to the Moore County Bunch, because I did not want to take shine off of their victory, but our pulling guard had a pulled muscle in that game.)