Eagleton visits Wartburg

BarneySox2007

25 minutes ago, pujo said:

Not outta the question, should get some kids back and think they have figured out what their strengths are. I'd have to go with Bledsoe but it would not be a lock. Lets see how they play South Greene, that should clear the water a little.

I'll take Wartburg in this one.

Had you asked me before the season,  I would have taken Eagleton. 

I thought they would have been further along by now but just a matter of time I think.

Get another class under their belts and they'll be a handful a-plenty. 

18 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'll take Wartburg in this one.

Had you asked me before the season,  I would have taken Eagleton. 

I thought they would have been further along by now but just a matter of time I think.

Get another class under their belts and they'll be a handful a-plenty. 

They had a staff going into the season that had these kids figured out and then they got hired away.I was like you,I really figured them to throw a wrench into the East but all that changed basically over night.They being as young as they are its like starting over.They will become a problem tooooo many athletes in that area that want to play now!

16 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

They had a staff going into the season that had these kids figured out and then they got hired away.I was like you,I really figured them to throw a wrench into the East but all that changed basically over night.They being as young as they are its like starting over.They will become a problem tooooo many athletes in that area that want to play now!

@gcapride said it best. They’re way farther along than GCA was at the same point in their program and we lol know how that was going for us lol. Problem is we can’t run these guys off :roflol:

1 hour ago, crow said:

@gcapride said it best. They’re way farther along than GCA was at the same point in their program and we lol know how that was going for us lol. Problem is we can’t run these guys off :roflol:

Yep, they're going to be a BIG problem and will be the next Alcoa, but in 2A. Right now, they're the doormat, but they will be King of the Hill in a very short time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crow said:

Eagleton with the win. Not by 2 possessions but at least I got one part right lol

Tough night for Wartburg. Caused a turnover with about 6 minutes left in the game with the score tied 14-14 but was overturned due to an inadvertent whistle and Eagleton ended up scoring on that drive. Wartburg went back down and scored but failed the 2-point attempt to take the lead. Both teams defenses didn’t allow anything on the ground. Eagleton also had a pick 6 on a screen pass for the first score of the game. 

2 minutes ago, harrisj2238 said:

Tough night for Wartburg. Caused a turnover with about 6 minutes left in the game with the score tied 14-14 but was overturned due to an inadvertent whistle and Eagleton ended up scoring on that drive. Wartburg went back down and scored but failed the 2-point attempt to take the lead. Both teams defenses didn’t allow anything on the ground. Eagleton also had a pick 6 on a screen pass for the first score of the game. 

Yes, the turnover that ended up not being a turnover was a momentum killer after #6 for Wartburg made an unbelievable 1 handed catch for a touchdown to tie the game. 

32 minutes ago, harrisj2238 said:

Wait so wartburg scores late in the game to go to 21-20 and they don’t kick? Wow! That’s a decision right there. 

9 minutes ago, crow said:

Wait so wartburg scores late in the game to go to 21-20 and they don’t kick? Wow! That’s a decision right there. 

I don’t think they trust anybody on their team kicking extra points. Even though the kid kicking tonight made the first 2. I don’t hate the decision to go for 2 with under 2 minutes left and if they had missed the PAT they wouldn’t have gotten the ball back unless they recovered the onside kick since they were out of timeouts.

2 minutes ago, Summit22 said:

I don’t think they trust anybody on their team kicking extra points. Even though the kid kicking tonight made the first 2. I don’t hate the decision to go for 2 with under 2 minutes left and if they had missed the PAT they wouldn’t have gotten the ball back unless they recovered the onside kick since they were out of timeouts.

I get it but it seems a bit desperate if your kicker is 2-2 on PATs. Either way it’s done. If their kicker is spotty then I guess it makes more sense.