AP 2A TOP 10 SEPT 18, 2023

Southtowner

14 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

BPM do u think Bobby Sharp’s influence w the TSSAA has anything to do with this haha

13 hours ago, Riverside80 said:

No please don’t bring her out the wood works…..

13 hours ago, tradertwo said:

YES!!! His pals put them in a region without any competition...LOL.

Milan perennial paper champions!!!

13 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

What tradertwo said. Lol. 

13 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Good stuff lol

Well, let’s see, here. So far this season, Milan’s opponents (that they have played thus far) are a collective 7-17 on the year. 

Over the past decade, they have been to the ‘ship just once and Alcoa slammed ‘em pretty hard. Other than that, Milan has played weak teams in weak brackets until they finally play decent opponents around the third round. Then they get beat. Have to give it to Milan, they do make it further in the playoffs than Hohenwald traditionally did.

If Sharp wasn’t able to get Columbia’s schedule “fixed” in just one year, I doubt, as an assistant, he can do it there. But, then again, looks like Milan doesn’t need help in that department. If they ever do, I’m sure he can pull some strings.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You know what, I'm usually not automatically on board with the highest rated team in the previous season being #1 "until someone beats them". I stand on the thinking that the teams be rated by who I think they beat, or who beats them if everybody in the poll played everybody else... but both ways of thinking point to what you said. Riverside's only loss came at the hands of the largest school in Tn., and in no way should be viewed as a negative. Arguments can be made that any of the other top nine could beat the Panthers on any given night, but nobody should argue that Riverside's play on the field has dropped them out of the #1 spot.

I'm with you!!

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Well, let’s see, here. So far this season, Milan’s opponents (that they have played thus far) are a collective 7-17 on the year. 

Over the past decade, they have been to the ‘ship just once and Alcoa slammed ‘em pretty hard. Other than that, Milan has played weak teams in weak brackets until they finally play decent opponents around the third round. Then they get beat. Have to give it to Milan, they do make it further in the playoffs than Hohenwald traditionally did.

If Sharp wasn’t able to get Columbia’s schedule “fixed” in just one year, I doubt, as an assistant, he can do it there. But, then again, looks like Milan doesn’t need help in that department. If they ever do, I’m sure he can pull some strings.

image.jpeg.0da5db1ffb7007fc3698ea8c90eeedc9.jpeg

• Like 1