AP 1A TOP 10 SEPT 18, 2023

Southtowner

15 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

Here we go with the jokes again!

Come on now!

Geesh!!!!

It really is a joke. Thinking TSSAA would allow this anywhere else is a joke. A sad joke. Really it’s a joke that you hear about on radio broadcast, after shows or anytime football and Memphis comes up. Without me saying their name you knew who I was talking about. 

Edited by Waker
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Waker said:

It really is a joke. Thinking TSSAA would allow this anywhere else is a joke. A sad joke. Really it’s a joke that you hear about on radio broadcast, after shows or anytime football and Memphis comes up. Without me saying their name you knew who I was talking about. 

They can’t help the SCS and State made a mistake  in reading the numbers had nothing to with MASE! How about MASE had 5 five returning starters leave the program last year!

Bartlett got two, Houston got one, Southwind got one and Horn Lake MS got the 8th grade QB!

Coach Miller doesn’t have to cheat to win period .

1 minute ago, WildBill2388 said:

They can’t help the SCS and State made a mistake  in reading the numbers had nothing to with MASE! How about MASE had 5 five returning starters leave the program last year!

Bartlett got two, Houston got one, Southwind got one and Horn Lake MS got the 8th grade QB!

5 kids may have left, but you guys got 6 new players from other schools, dont leave that part out! Granted I’ve been watching Lance Taylor lay kids out at Bartlett, he is missed more than the most. Coach Miller has a firm grasp of what goes on in and around Memphis and knows how to manipulate situations to get an advantage for his squad, similar to how SP does in the South from Chattanooga into N Alabama and Georgia! It is a busted year for both if they don’t make the championship game. Especially SP they have a literal cake walk to Finley Stadium! 

17 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

You don’t have a transfer portal in rural west TN like you do in the city. Imagine if Peabody, Milan and S Gibson all decided to take their best players to 1 school. They all live in the same county. Why aren’t these kids having to sit if they are changing schools less than a certain distance from one school to the next. You do if you don’t live in Memphis.

14 minutes ago, Waker said:

You don’t have a transfer portal in rural west TN like you do in the city. Imagine if Peabody, Milan and S Gibson all decided to take their best players to 1 school. They all live in the same county. Why aren’t these kids having to sit if they are changing schools less than a certain distance from one school to the next. You do if you don’t live in Memphis.

15 minutes ago, Waker said:

26 minutes ago, Waker said:

37 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

5 kids may have left, but you guys got 6 new players from other schools, dont leave that part out! Granted I’ve been watching Lance Taylor lay kids out at Bartlett, he is missed more than the most. Coach Miller has a firm grasp of what goes on in and around Memphis and knows how to manipulate situations to get an advantage for his squad, similar to how SP does in the South from Chattanooga into N Alabama and Georgia! It is a busted year for both if they don’t make the championship game. Especially SP they have a literal cake walk to Finley Stadium! 

2023-24 TSSAA Handbook

Executive Director Approval Required. A school may not allow a transfer student to participate in athletics until his/her eligibility has been verified and approved by the Executive Director. The school is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the information supplied to the Executive Director for this purpose.

Participation While Ineligible. If a student who is ineligible, under these provisions regarding students changing schools, competes in a contest while ineligible, then the student upon becoming eligible under these provisions will nonetheless be ineligible to participate in twice the number of contests in which he/she participated as an ineligible student or will be ineligible for the remainder of the season, whichever is less.

Section 12.

Eligible Transfer Students.

Except as otherwise provided in Section 13 below, the following transfer students are eligible:

The student has no athletic record in the previous twelve months in any sport sponsored by TSSAA:

There has been a bona fide change of residence by the student's entire family unit in which (1) the old residence is outside the territory of the new school, (2) the new residence is outside the territory of the old school, and (3) the new residence is inside the territory of the new school. If such a change of residence occurs between school years, the student must transfer at the beginning of the school year to be eligible. If the change of residence occurs during the school year, the student may transfer without loss of eligibility (1) at the time his/her parents change residence; (2) at the end of the next report card period; (3) at the close of the semester or term; or (4) at the close of the school year

30 minutes ago, Waker said:

There is loop hole in the TSSAA rules . You can move outside of Shelby Co schools into one of the municipalities and automatically become eligible if there is bona fide change of address!

44 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Don’t use  manipulate is not a  great analysis! 
That insinuates cheating. He reads and understands the TSSAA rules. The kids who transferred in all where approved by TSSAA after being initially ruled ineligible because certain circumstances.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

2023-24 TSSAA Handbook

Executive Director Approval Required. A school may not allow a transfer student to participate in athletics until his/her eligibility has been verified and approved by the Executive Director. The school is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the information supplied to the Executive Director for this purpose.

Participation While Ineligible. If a student who is ineligible, under these provisions regarding students changing schools, competes in a contest while ineligible, then the student upon becoming eligible under these provisions will nonetheless be ineligible to participate in twice the number of contests in which he/she participated as an ineligible student or will be ineligible for the remainder of the season, whichever is less.

Section 12.

Eligible Transfer Students.

Except as otherwise provided in Section 13 below, the following transfer students are eligible:

The student has no athletic record in the previous twelve months in any sport sponsored by TSSAA:

There has been a bona fide change of residence by the student's entire family unit in which (1) the old residence is outside the territory of the new school, (2) the new residence is outside the territory of the old school, and (3) the new residence is inside the territory of the new school. If such a change of residence occurs between school years, the student must transfer at the beginning of the school year to be eligible. If the change of residence occurs during the school year, the student may transfer without loss of eligibility (1) at the time his/her parents change residence; (2) at the end of the next report card period; (3) at the close of the semester or term; or (4) at the close of the school year

I know the rules and so does your coach I’m over having a problem with it, I was just saying you may have had kids leave, but they replaced them quickly. If any other single A county schools tried to get 6 players eligible in a single off season it would have been like pulling teeth either painfully or expensive. You guys got em and didn’t have a single one ruled ineligible. Try that in a small town. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

MC has picked up a hand full of kids from north Alabama too patna. SP isn’t da only one grabbing kids out of dat dumpster fire called North Jackson