AP 1A TOP 10 SEPT 18, 2023

Southtowner

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Rumor has it that Shelby County will break away from the TSSAA in the future.

Right now some say:

Shelby County > TSSAA.

^ when this is reversed, is when they say it'll happen.  

No team in Memphis needs to be in the TSSAA, they are not held to the same standard as the rest of the state,happens in BB and football. Not sure you can call it cheating but its stuff that don't happen anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

5 kids may have left, but you guys got 6 new players from other schools, dont leave that part out! Granted I’ve been watching Lance Taylor lay kids out at Bartlett, he is missed more than the most. Coach Miller has a firm grasp of what goes on in and around Memphis and knows how to manipulate situations to get an advantage for his squad, similar to how SP does in the South from Chattanooga into N Alabama and Georgia! It is a busted year for both if they don’t make the championship game. Especially SP they have a literal cake walk to Finley Stadium! 

I wasn’t aware SP had anyone from North Alabama? Who is it? I know a kid came from Georgia and one from a private in Chattanooga. That’s the only transfers I know of at SP in the past 3 years. No need to compare us to what us going on in Memphis.

14 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

I wasn’t aware SP had anyone from North Alabama? Who is it? I know a kid came from Georgia and one from a private in Chattanooga. That’s the only transfers I know of at SP in the past 3 years. No need to compare us to what us going on in Memphis.

We got one several thousand years ago. So now it's a given we get em every year.

7 hours ago, mrbigster said:

So my question is I knew they were initially ruled ineligible.Thats why I ask if they all made a move? Think it was 4 players.I was under impression that a move wasn't made is why they were ruled ineligible.What changed to make them eligible?

It was some  personal stuff one child mother had cancer and they lived down the street from MASE! It was those kind of situations.

48 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

I will never blame the kids they just want to play ball and you really can't blame the parents wanting there kids to play on a good team but you can blame the coaches and tssaa for allowing it in Memphis non stop. 

It’s as bad down there as it was with Greenback a few years ago. TSSAA turns their head when it comes to certain programs.

Memphis schools being allowed to turn teams into all star squads. Greenback a few years ago was strangely getting players from all over the area. Even a QB from the Alcoa All stars.

Im really just stirring the pot.

44 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Not sure what you mean by this Waker.  I'm a little bit slow today.  Rough weekend thus far.  Fill me in.

44 minutes ago, Southtowner said:
Edited by Waker