What's going on in Sweetwater with the coach suspension.

BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, VolsUntilIDie said:

It’s ironic that y’all are crying daddy ball but all the while you’re saying you it’s ok for sweetwater ppl to play buddy ball. That’s why SHS celebrated going 8-2 like they will celebrate beating Chatt Central or Polk County like the freshmen is Peyton Manning. I feel terrible for that boy. It’s like the Baby Gronk situation where the parents & the small town politics will bring unnecessary hate. I hope the kid goes D1. I hope Slover does too. For a sophomore playing varsity he did pretty good. If Dacus beats chatt central & Polk county it is no different than Slover’s performance. If he completes 4 passes but they gave it to that RB and they win with the running game, the word around town will be Dacus is the end all beat all. My point is that you all wasn’t going to give them a chance any ways. Programs like that hold kids back and I’m not surprised no kid has signed an ncaa football scholarship from there in ages. What some of them parents need to do is come up the interstate towards Knoxville. They will get treated right!

Like I said you don’t have a clue. Slover wasn’t very good at all, and the only buddy ball that’s in sweetwater is when slover brought it with his son. I’ll refrain from replying to you again however, well cause like I said. You don’t have a clue 

16 hours ago, Highlights said:

That is big talk over a message board.  You know where I stand on the situation.  You will never convince me that an entire team or program should go down with the coach or coaches.  You can blame the fans the parents or the administrators. I don’t really care.  This is not pee-wee football. He is a coach and if he can’t take the heat then that is on him. 

this is how being thick works.  I think what I think in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

Edited by ILB1999
i was too mean the first time.

Could it be that the only reason there was a QB controversy to begin with is because the community made it one? Slover completed nearly 70% of his passes for nearly 700 yards. I've seen both, Slover seems to be the better QB. Dacus doesn't beat Meigs, McMinn Central, or Stone Memorial from under center. Seems like Coach could've made the move any of those weeks and proved his point. Cant blame the QB entirely for the Central loss seeing as the entire town was up in arms after him and the coach. I find it odd that the "more to this story" so far seems to be so hush-hush. The optics are bad enough that it's time for administration to tell what it is, otherwise it looks like this is the second sports program your parents are content to run into the ground for no other reason than playing time and lineup cards.

Edited by TigerNation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Could it be that the only reason there was a QB controversy to begin with is because the community made it one? Slover completed nearly 70% of his passes for nearly 700 yards. I've seen both, Slover seems to be the better QB. Dacus doesn't beat Meigs, McMinn Central, or Stone Memorial from under center. Seems like Coach could've made the move any of those weeks and proved his point. Cant blame the QB entirely for the Central loss seeing as the entire town was up in arms after him and the coach. I find it odd that the "more to this story" so far seems to be so hush-hush. The optics are bad enough that it's time for administration to tell what it is, otherwise it looks like this is the second sports program your parents are content to run into the ground for no other reason than playing time and lineup cards.

they already said, and it was bologna.   Something about allegations of unequal treatment or unfair opportunities...

32 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

C'mon now, TN, they don't want to deal with stats.....they just wanted little Johnny with the right last name put in the game. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TigerNation said:

Well said. Nailed it. 

20 hours ago, LarrySmellsTidwellsTrap said:

So what ever happen to AD Mike Martin and Principal Eric Weaver?  I saw they had new admin this year?  That town is full of crazy unrealistic people who still rub one out on the '71 & '72 golden balls that Toss Right/Toss Left got them, but no way these guys were involved in this dumpster fire or were they????  Sweetwater still has that poor man's crack barrel so it's not total rock bottom yet.  Go Tigers!

Didn't they bulldoze that "poor man's cracker barrel" last year? 

You didn't know!?!?

Sounds like to me, Slovers son did a decent job at QB and his dad wasn’t taking him out, but everyone else players, parents and possibly admin wanted a FR QB who they all think is better to start. Debate on who is better but here’s the real thing. Did Sweetwater not know when they interviewed him that he had a son who was a QB? And did they think he honestly wouldn’t start him? Cause if that’s the case, that’s on the ones who hired him if everyone was so gun ho on the FR. Just saying