What's going on in Sweetwater with the coach suspension.

BarneySox2007

On 10/18/2023 at 11:33 AM, Random1234 said:

assuming he sticks around. His stock has never been higher than right now. There have already been rumors that he might leave, albeit just rumors so who knows. 

Good point. This was more a statement about the school's side of things. No clue about the coach's perspective.

• Like 1

It's safe to say...HEY SWEETWATER...LEAVE THEM KIDS ALONE...YOUR JUST ANOTHER BRICK IN DA WALL!  Embarrassing what has happened because of a few in that community that can't let coaches coach and players play.  Let this be a lesson for other dying communities...Stop chasing ghosts championships that aren't going to happen and just support your local team and stay off the coaches.  YOUR NOT THAT IMPORTANT, PAY YOUR GATE MONEY AND SHUT UP! :roflol:  Can't believe the principal is the Mayor's daughter.  Crazy small town politics going on here. smh.  But it's good comedy for the rest of us to watch.  Where the Sweetwater faithful at on this?  It's looking worst and worst as time goes on for you guys.  Surely you guys aren't this bad?  Stand up for yourself...  Bad times at the Lost Sea right now!  Booger...do you approve of dis Tweetwater behaveor?

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, gcapride said:

Back to back Thursday night games???? That seems a little odd. 

That usually means they can't wait to pack all the football gear up fast enough and forget this humiliating fiasco. They do have a chance next week to pull out a win unless they're more focused on getting this done and over with.

7 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

That usually means they can't wait to pack all the football gear up fast enough and forget this humiliating fiasco. They do have a chance next week to pull out a win unless they're more focused on getting this done and over with.

Needs to be some really deep house cleaning! SAD TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!  Been some really good players come out of that school over the years!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Every school that uses the officials from our area was scheduled one Thursday night game this year to ease the demand for officials on Fridays. Meigs plays Tyner next Thursday. It's odd but apparently necessary.

It would really be nice if officials were paid a lot more to entice new ones to enter the field. Something has to happen sooner or later or we're going to Wednesday Night games. From what I hear most new ones are being given games a hundred miles away which causes most to quit.

38 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Every school that uses the officials from our area was scheduled one Thursday night game this year to ease the demand for officials on Fridays. Meigs plays Tyner next Thursday. It's odd but apparently necessary.

Yes, I know that's the way TSSAA is having to schedule games due to the shortages. I was just referring to Sweetwater having back to back Thursday night games to end the season. That seems odd to me. I'm sure there's a reason, just not sure what it is.